Texas Kayak Photo Contest

MulletMaster08

Texas Kayak Photo Contest

Post by MulletMaster08 »

Alright Ladies and Gents it is finally that time of the year again! I have decided to host the Texas Kayak Photo Contest once again. Last year we had well over 100 photos and this year I want to double it! We have plenty of prizes for the winners and runner-ups for each category. I will have all photos in a album on my facebook page. facebook.com/TexasKayakChronicles you can also view last years winners and entrants in the 2014 Album.

So here is how it goes....

RULES

* Contest is open to all U.S. residents and any age
*All photos must be an original work of entrant and submitted by a single individual
*Photo must be taken in Texas
*Max of 3 photos can be entered per individual.
*Any camera is allowed
*Photo must be taken out of a kayak OR have a kayak in the picture
*No entrance fees
*Deadline will be January 31, 2015 at midnight
*All photos will be determined by judges for authenticity
*Submitting photos in the contest gives me permission to post photos on entrants behalf

CATEGORIES

*Best Overall- The picture that stands out the most to the judges and represents the theme of kayaking Texas
*Best Catch- We want to see your best fish caught on a kayak
*Peoples Choice- Photo with the most likes on the Texas Kayak Chronicles Facebook page at the end of the deadline
*Yak-View- The paddlers point of view! Must be taken from the seat of a kayak and have the bow of the boat in the picture to apply for the "Yak-View" category
*Best of Texas- I want this picture to stand out and scream Texas! If you are doing something that only you can do in Texas, I want to see it!

SUBMITTING PHOTOS

All pictures must be submitted to TexasKayakChronicles@yahoo.com by the deadline

I will upload and post the pictures to my Facebook page, Facebook.com/TexasKayakChronicles

Submit the photos in the following form. "Photo Title" , Location of Photo, Submitters name. ("Sabine Sunset", Sabine Pass, Tx, David Roberts)

Thanks to all who participate in the event, I hope everyone enjoys this as much as I do. I know this is going to be fun and I am anxious to see all the photos everyone will be submitting.

Also if there is anyone who would like to donate a prize for the event please contact me on here or email me.
salvadordaly

Re: Texas Kayak Photo Contest

Post by salvadordaly »

eh emm?
*Deadline will be January 31, 2015 at midnight?
MulletMaster08

Post by MulletMaster08 »

salvadordaly wrote:eh emm?
*Deadline will be January 31, 2015 at midnight?

Yup, thats what I get for copy and pasting from last year!
MulletMaster08

Post by MulletMaster08 »

Pictures have started coming through and so far I have seen some awesome photos!

Remember it is FREE to enter, just send your photo's to TexasKayakChronicles@Yahoo.com

I also have some great prizes to giveaway.

Would also like to thank Paul Batchelder for sending me a signed copy of his book "101 Freshwater Kayak Launch Points" for a prize, Texas Fish and Game publishes the book for him and it can be purchased at fishandgamegear.com and Houston Academy's if you can't wait.

There is still plenty of time to enter and I am looking forward to seeing everyones photo's!