Why do you tournament fish?

amigo33

Why do you tournament fish?

Post by amigo33 »

Taking a poll......
1. Why do you fish in tournaments? (money, prizes, bragging rights, competition, meeting people, etc)

2. Would you fish in a tournament that was FREE and offered only prizes and trophies for awards?

Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Why do you tournament fish?

Post by texnomad »

1. I don't fish tournaments. Too much work.
2. No. I am too lazy to work that hard.
Chrispyflyguy

Post by Chrispyflyguy »

I fish tournaments for the competition, bragging rights, and just getting out and meeting fellow kayak anglers.

as for a free tournament, yes I would fish that as I never win anything anyway :dance:
Riptide369

Post by Riptide369 »

I will fish in my first tournament in Jan ( KATS ) just for the opportunity to meet fellow kayak fishermen. I would fish a free tournament with no pay out or prizes just to get out and fish !!
Thinwater skinner
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Thinwater skinner »

amigo33 wrote: 1. Why do you fish in tournaments? (money, prizes, bragging rights, competition, meeting people, etc)

I only fish one tourny per year (Casting for a Cause) and it is for several good causes. HOW is one of them.
If I won then I would have bragging rights, but that has not happened so far.
I have met a lot of people who enjoy fishing and like to share their experiences at the weight in.
I pay money to enter, but do not win money, just a very nice trophy. But I have not won yet!!!

2. Would you fish in a tournament that was FREE and offered only prizes and trophies for awards?

Yes I would, if it was at a time I could fish.
Boomy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Boomy »

The energy levels and excitement surounding them raise the expectaion of a good catch.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Its like a big reunion for me. Lots of friends I only see during a tournament.
As for fishing in a contest with couple prizes, does not matter to me. I would go fishing period.
bholtzinger14

Post by bholtzinger14 »

I fished my first tournament about 2 months ago and it was really fun. The tournament really made a difference in the way I fished. It also made me more mad when the bass jumped off my hawg trough when I was trying to take my picture. lol

I would fish a free tournament with no payouts. I am a competitor at heart and always give my best. It just seems like at times you have to get people to pay an entry to get their best and sometimes that does not even work (Im talking about poker tournaments, softball tournaments, etc). It rained during my first tournament for about 30 minutes. I went under a bridge and kept fishing. I found out 4 out of the 8 kayakers went back up to the marina and stopped fishing during that time. I never thought about going back. If I would have been out there for fun I probably would have parked the yak and ran into the marina and waited it out.

By the way, I took first in the tournament and cant wait for the next one.
Forever Fishing
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Forever Fishing »

I fish tournaments to ensure my catch rate of 20" red fish. I'm really, really good at catching the small ones ESPECIALLY on tournament day.

I also like to give my money to Jason Blackwell cuz he always wins...

Yes I would fish an awards only tournament cuz most of the professional guys won't. (Joking)

8)
amigo33

Post by amigo33 »

Thanks for the great replies. This helps my future plans for a tournament. Stay tuned.
Gofish!
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Gofish! »

Forever Fishing wrote:I also like to give my money to Jason Blackwell cuz he always wins...
:lol: :lol:
gerARRGH

Post by gerARRGH »

I also like contributing to Blackwells lunch money. I do it because I'm already fish why not gain some bragging rights and something Shiney.
DumpTruck

Post by DumpTruck »

roguecraft101

Post by roguecraft101 »

I fished my first tournament this past weekend. (Saltwater boys) I had a blast! None of my personal friends are into kayak fishing or really fishing much in general so it was great to meet some more people who are into the same thing as me. It will make it much easier to hit the bay with someone else which is ALWAYS more fun. So to not blabber on here are my answers.

1. Meet new people, competition, prizes (trophies ext... Those plaques sure looked great! and that engraved Yeti cup I saw was awesome) and last I would put the money.
2. Yes for above reasons.
chancevw

Post by chancevw »

Nothing will make you a better fisherman like fishing a tournament.
amigo33

Post by amigo33 »

For all you tournament anglers. Here you go.

FISHING POSTER.jpg