Trying to Start new Heroes on the Water Chapter- Ft Hood

gssterl

Trying to Start new Heroes on the Water Chapter- Ft Hood

Post by gssterl »

I have been in contact with HOW about starting a new chapter in the Ft Hood/Killeen/Temple/Belton area. HOW is interested, but they are requesting that I build a leadership team of 4 people or more. If anyone is interested in helping me out please let me know. Thanks.

Greg
Bigguy49

Re: Trying to Start new Heroes on the Water Chapter- Ft Hood

Post by Bigguy49 »

gssterl wrote:I have been in contact with HOW about starting a new chapter in the Ft Hood/Killeen/Temple/Belton area. HOW is interested, but they are requesting that I build a leadership team of 4 people or more. If anyone is interested in helping me out please let me know. Thanks.

Greg
I know this will sound strange but my counselor at the VA suggested that I get involved with working with returning vets as part of me dealing with some of my issues , that being said I have a yak and would like to help out if possible
gssterl

Post by gssterl »

Greg[/quote]
I know this will sound strange but my counselor at the VA suggested that I get involved with working with returning vets as part of me dealing with some of my issues , that being said I have a yak and would like to help out if possible[/quote]

Not strange at all. Sent you a pm.
Nathan13

Post by Nathan13 »

I would be all about that if your still interested. I'm a new member, been lurking for about a week. Just moved into the Harker Heights from JBLM. I was actually an original founding member of the HOW chapter up there. (HOW Pacific NW) the only issue I have is not knowing the fishing spots around here. Lots of experience in the yaks fishing offshore 8-10 miles for salmon and halibut. Can't wait to learn the lake and river scene here along with trips to the gulf. Needless to say would be more then willing to help start the chapter and take on a chapter role to help.
gssterl

Post by gssterl »

Nathan13 wrote:I would be all about that if your still interested. I'm a new member, been lurking for about a week. Just moved into the Harker Heights from JBLM. I was actually an original founding member of the HOW chapter up there. (HOW Pacific NW) the only issue I have is not knowing the fishing spots around here. Lots of experience in the yaks fishing offshore 8-10 miles for salmon and halibut. Can't wait to learn the lake and river scene here along with trips to the gulf. Needless to say would be more then willing to help start the chapter and take on a chapter role to help.

Sent you a PM, thanks for stepping up!
gssterl

Post by gssterl »

Hello all,

The Fort Hood Chapter is up and running and currently planning for our first event in mid-March. We are starting from scratch, so we can use anything and everything, but most importantly is gathering a great group of volunteers to provide the necessary level of expertise for our Warriors. If you are interested in helping us out, please PM me or you can reach me at email: ft.hoodtx@heroesonthewater.org
HOW logo_color_FtHood.png