2015 Saltwater Survival Series, Presented By Egret Baits

JRich27

2015 Saltwater Survival Series, Presented By Egret Baits

Post by JRich27 »

Feel like you can catch tournament redfish without fishing your secret spot with your secret bait? Want to show your co-anglers you can? If so, this is the tournament for you.

The Saltwater Survival Series is a unique kayak/canoe/wade fishing tournament designed to level the playing field and truly see which anglers can catch tournament fish with limited boundaries and limited lures in our version of a ‘Shotgun’ start. In this non-motorized watercraft ‘shotgun’ scenario, each angler will have to fish in the same boundaries after leaving the same spot at the same time (driving or paddling) and will be limited to the same 6 Egret lures. The boundaries of this tournament are the 332 bridge to the I-45 causeway (West Bay). No information will be given about where the mandatory am check-in will be until the Monday before the tournament or what six Egret lures you will get to throw, but we can assure you that you will not need your giant tackle box. Bring your hooks, corks and pliers and leave all other tackle at home. Take a look at the provided rules for additional details. Pay online now or pay the morning of the tournament. Looking forward to seeing you out there!

We will also have FREE ICE COLD LONE STAR BEER, and a super sweet raffle & door prizes. Call Cameron Barghi @ (832) 289-0700 or email lonestarbeerfishing@gmail.com with questions.

Facebook Event
https://www.facebook.com/events/372718886257822/

Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/3STournament?fref=nf
Matyyaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: 2015 Saltwater Survival Series, Presented By Egret Baits

Post by Matyyaker »

There should be at least two anglers I won't have to worry about. Number one will be Calbert D. He'll over sleep and not get there till after 9 anyway. :lol: The other is that Ragin Cajun fellow. He's fishin one with the Fish Whisper shortly , and all his mojo will be stolen. That just leaves 97 others I''ll have to get past ! Yep better get entered up cause it's limited to 100 anglers. Shotgun start and only six supplied baits you can fish with, it's gonna be interesting to say the least. No details about spots till the Monday before.. I may have to get in this one . :lol: Some lucky angler will get to fish with my new best friend "BANY'" also. With us all being in one location to sign releases and pick up our lure packages it will be easy to slip him into someone's kayak in the pre dawn light before fishing time starts. :D
Attachments
photo (10).JPG
Last edited by Matyyaker on Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JRich27

Post by JRich27 »

Cameron and I have been planning this for a long time now, and wanted a truly unique format that was like no other tournament. Our primary focus was to completely level the playing field. You also can't beat the free beer and awesome raffle we have lined up!

You can sign up here to guarantee your spot, first 100 anglers are in!....https://squareup.com/market/lone-star-fishing-team
bernie32

Post by bernie32 »

Mattyyaker you are going to fish this one. You have no choice but to lol. I was surprised you didn't mention me haha. Well I am looking foward to this tournament for sure. By the way we have changed DC name to Snorkel Pop. If you have heard you need to check out his picture with his new kitty cat lol. Now I know why he over slept haha.
RajunCajun

Post by RajunCajun »

Matyyaker wrote:There should be at least two anglers I won't have to worry about. Number one will be Calbert D. He'll over sleep and not get there till after 9 anyway. Image The other is that Ragin Cajun fellow. He's fishin one with the Fish Whisper shortly , and all his mojo will be stolen. That just leaves 97 others I''ll have to get past ! Yep better get entered up cause it's limited to 100 anglers. Shotgun start and only six supplied baits you can fish with, it's gonna be interesting to say the least. No details about spots till the Monday before.. I may have to get in this one . Image Some lucky angler will get to fish with my new best friend "BANY'" also. With us all being in one location to sign releases and pick up our lure packages it will be easy to slip him into someone's kayak in the pre dawn light before fishing time starts. :D
Oh Charley....you're starting to sound like a bitter old man Image. I'm in on this one...creative little format indeed.
Matyyaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Matyyaker »

bernie32 wrote:Mattyyaker you are going to fish this one. You have no choice but to lol. I was surprised you didn't mention me haha. Well I am looking foward to this tournament for sure. By the way we have changed DC name to Snorkel Pop. If you have heard you need to check out his picture with his new kitty cat lol. Now I know why he over slept haha.

DC.... Snorkel Pop...... what ever. Word on the street is he is the " go to " guy if your needing info on the best bed & breakfast spots to stay in around Texas. Also he can tell you anything you need to know about cats as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:
bernie32

Post by bernie32 »

Lol mattyyaker where can we sign up for this type of service at. Should we contact Snorkel Pop bed and breakfast company lol. Wonder if he has any opening for the 17th of July and early breakfast for the 18th haha.
dugue4

Post by dugue4 »

how many are signed up now?
Matyyaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Matyyaker »

This is definitely not official , but I'm guessing around 38 or 39 now registered. Over a third of the way to the limit with four weeks remaining to sign up.
Wadefish69

Post by Wadefish69 »

May have to sign up for this later. If I'm number 101, I'm sure Charlie will give me two of his six baits :wink:
bernie32

Post by bernie32 »

Lol he is going ro need all of his bait lol.
Matyyaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Matyyaker »

bernie32 wrote:Lol he is going ro need all of his bait lol.
Wadefish69 wrote:May have to sign up for this later. If I'm number 101, I'm sure Charlie will give me two of his six baits :wink:

I'm only going to need one .... :mrgreen: Probably spend most of my time getting the fish whisper outta those bad habits he picked up last weekend ! LOL.
RajunCajun

Post by RajunCajun »

Oh Charlie.....still bitter much? Well I suppose if you call placing 10th outta 200 bad habits than yes, guilty as charged!
spektakler

Post by spektakler »

Matyyaker wrote:There should be at least two anglers I won't have to worry about. Number one will be Calbert D. He'll over sleep and not get there till after 9 anyway. :lol: The other is that Ragin Cajun fellow. He's fishin one with the Fish Whisper shortly , and all his mojo will be stolen. That just leaves 97 others I''ll have to get past ! Yep better get entered up cause it's limited to 100 anglers. Shotgun start and only six supplied baits you can fish with, it's gonna be interesting to say the least. No details about spots till the Monday before.. I may have to get in this one . :lol: Some lucky angler will get to fish with my new best friend "BANY'" also. With us all being in one location to sign releases and pick up our lure packages it will be easy to slip him into someone's kayak in the pre dawn light before fishing time starts. :D
Be careful with "BANY" Charlie, we had some time to talk and he has some mighty mojo working in him. We will see you there. :lol:
Matyyaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Matyyaker »

RajunCajun wrote:Oh Charlie.....still bitter much? Well I suppose if you call placing 10th outta 200 bad habits than yes, guilty as charged!
No.

..no...no Jay . No bitter here. Congrats on being in the top ten ! I was referring to the "cuddling " that allegedly took place after the tourney. :lol: :lol: You know what they say.... what happens in Port A stays in Port A !!!
RajunCajun

Post by RajunCajun »

Matyyaker wrote:
RajunCajun wrote:Oh Charlie.....still bitter much? Well I suppose if you call placing 10th outta 200 bad habits than yes, guilty as charged!
No.

..no...no Jay . No bitter here. Congrats on being in the top ten ! I was referring to the "cuddling " that allegedly took place after the tourney. :lol: :lol: You know what they say.... what happens in Port A stays in Port A !!!
Hahahahaha you crack me up sir!
aggie182
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by aggie182 »

The wife gave me clearance to join this party. It should be a lot of fun. I am looking forward to it.
Caccrawfor

Post by Caccrawfor »

Sounds like a good time wish I lived a little closer....
aggie182
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by aggie182 »

Just paid up. I am looking forward to seeing some of the usual suspects and meeting some new folks.
JMeek

Post by JMeek »

Man looks like you guys have a lot of fun I do a bunch of fresh water bass fishing on lake conroe looking to get on the salt water fishing side anybody from the lake conroe area on here
Attachments
image.jpg
JMeek

Post by JMeek »

By the way guys new to the group so take it easy on me lol just looking for some good people to fish with I go by myself all the time and it's getting old
EZ-E
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by EZ-E »

If your looking for some new guys to fish with & maybe show you the ropes of salt fishing most of the anglers that fish the LSKS will be fishing the Survival Series ... if you go to the weigh in i'm sure you will find a new fishing buddy or two.

Dustin 8)
RajunCajun

Post by RajunCajun »

Paid up! Now it's time to wait and see what the check in and weigh in locations will be. Hopefully the release of this information "first thing Monday morning" is really early to give me time to scramble up with a plan come Saturday!
JRich27

Post by JRich27 »

Weign-in location has been posted.

https://www.facebook.com/3STournament/p ... 5249454953" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JRich27

Post by JRich27 »

One more day until the first Saltwater Survival Series event! A couple quick things: Make sure you know where the MANDATORY AM MEETING is and remember the weigh-in is in the same spot! Next, remember to please be courteous of everyone tomorrow when leaving the parking lot if you are driving to a different West Bay launch. There will be a lot of folks leaving the lot at the same time at that early hour. Also, even if you end up not catching fish, we would love to see you at the weigh-in! With the checkin closing at 3:00 sharp, we promise the raffle and awards will be done by 4:15. Plus, FREE ICE COLD BEER! Even if you catch just 1 slot redfish, absolutely bring it in, as we've seen so many tournaments where 1 fish got an angler paid.

Lastly, we are extremely excited about the amazing raffle prizes that have been donated by our awesome sponsors! We know you will be pleased as well! A HUGE thanks to Lone Star Beer Egret Baits Grind Terminal Tackle Yak Gear Railblaza Bending Branches Astral Temple Fork Outfitters ENO Lone Star Kayak Series Howler Brothers Nalgene Watershed Drybags! We will disclose the number of anglers tomorrow morning at the captains meeting. However, WE STILL HAVE SPACE! Sign up now if you're free tomorrow!
And the trophies are super sweet too!!! Thank you Scott Thorson!
And the trophies are super sweet too!!! Thank you Scott Thorson!
https://www.facebook.com/events/372718886257822/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;