Benefit Bass Fishing Tournament

Roeville

Benefit Bass Fishing Tournament

Post by Roeville »

Good morning TKF'ers I wanted to post some info about a benefit bass fishing tournament we are putting on for my nephew Matt Smith. Matt was killed by a drunk driver on Mothers day morning and left this world at the age of 23. Unfortunately his family did not have a life insurance policy on Matt and have racked up quite a bit of debt in funeral expenses. Matt's good friend and uncle RJ Krebs of East Texas has put together a benefit bass fishing tournament in Matt's honor to help the family out with offsetting the cost of funeral expenses. Come out and have some fun and help out the family of a fellow angler. Matt loved bass fishing and though he can't join the tournament we know he'll be there on the water with us in spirit.

The tournament is $100 per tearm (proceeds to the family for funeral expenses) you can enter by boat or kayak (2 kayaks per team). Location is Cassells Boykin Park on Lake Sam Rayburn. Link below is the facebook event link.

I'm not a tournament official and have no idea how to seek sponsors or anything like that, I'm just trying to help spread the word to help family out. Hope to see some fellow kayakers out there. Please help spread the word to anyone who may be interested in helping out and having some fun for a good cause.

https://www.facebook.com/events/476193342544229/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;