POST LSKS captains bag tourney proposition....

blzn04

POST LSKS captains bag tourney proposition....

Post by blzn04 »

So i thought of something that might be fun, let me know what you guys think. Disclaimer***this just popped into my head, just spitballing here****

I think it would be cool to have a friendly tournament a few weeks after each LSKS. Relatively same tournament setup and rules except...You can only use the lures that you got in your captains bag from the tournament!

Havent put any thought into prizes or anything like that. Maybe it could be a lures tournament. I know some of the captains bags have different lures from other ones, so that would add to the excitement. And i think it would encourage people to step out of the box and try some new lures they previously would never think to throw. In my bag I got some Tuxedo colored 5" paddle tails and some swim baits in a "new moon"(maybe) color. Clear/white with silver sparkles. This is kinda when the idea popped into my head bc i have never thrown these colors before. I pretty much stick to texas roach/morning glory/pumpkin/ rootbeer colors.

I dont know. Gimme some feedback on what you think. Obviously i know that there is no way to police whether or not people actually threw these lures, but most of these tourneys run off the honor system anyway. Not looking to make any money or steal any glory from the LSKS. Just thought maybe a friendly lures tourney would be fun and throw in a different element with limited lure selection.
Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Re: POST LSKS captains bag tourney proposition....

Post by Coastal Country »

I plan on doing a lures tourney in May with a trash sack rod raffle on the side. You could always use those lures as entry fees!
blzn04

Post by blzn04 »

Whoa. that seems really cool. Explain the "trash sack rod raffle" a little more. Is it whoever weighs in the most weight in garbage in one sack?
Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Coastal Country »

No I'm thinking along the lines of you pick up a couple sacks from any coastal country cleanup vendor, fill them and bring them too the weigh in you get a ticket for every bag of trash you bring in. At the end of the weigh in draw for the winner.