Hook Spit Rods LSKS April18,2015 Southern Star Event Results

EZ-E
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Hook Spit Rods LSKS April18,2015 Southern Star Event Results

Post by EZ-E »

Here are the results from the Hook Spit Rods Lone Star Kayak Series April 18th Southern Star Event. We had record attendance with 176 anglers. Congratulations to Joe Strahan for his first place win this weekend with 18.25 lbs beating the record for total weight in a LSKS event. Congratulations to to rest of the field that brought in fish after a week of tough weather conditions.

Thank you anglers & sponsors for the support over the past 3 seasons for making our 4th season opener a record breaking event.

The pictures are on our Facebook page. Your picture maybe missing, we are trying to figure where the issue is & hope to have it corrected in the next day or two.

Dustin

Name Total Wt.
Strahan, Joe 18.25
Louviere, Brent 17.15
McNaughton, Josh 16.72
Lazcano, Jamie 15.55
Carter, Jason 15.54
Thorson, Scott 14.88
Esley, Jared 14.16
Westbrook, Colt 13.84
Bonilla, Mark 13.54
Phillips, Cody 13.28
Morales, Brian 13.19
Jaimes, Felix 13.12
Blackwell, Jason 13.03
Kabella, Johnny 12.8
Tilley, Scott 12
Fikac, Michael 11.98
Johnson, Robert 11.98
Perez, Brandon 11.93
Zuniga, Abel 11.93
Dunigan, Joshua 11.78
Meadows, Johnathan 11.4
Lyden, Chad 10.94
Tijerina, Jonah 10.87
Bondoc, Jesse 10.66
Matthews, Travis 10.51
Lightsey, Roger 10.37
Melass, David 10.34
Hurst, Andrew 10.23
Olmos, Gerardo 10.19
Lee, Jay 9.66
Clements, Michael 9.62
Ueckert, Erik 9.47
Mcleod, Chris 9.29
Edwards, Frank 9.21
Martin, Jay 9.08
Vining, John 9.07
Presswood, Dale 8.18
Mamac, Marshall 8.17
Valtierra, Brad 8.15
Rinando, Vincent 7.2
Roberts, David 7.19
Castillo, Jesse 6.95
Woods, Mark 6.92
Tesch, Jim 6.87
Turner, Drew 6.41
Behrens, Bruce 6.41
Barbee, John 6.14
Davis, Joe 6.02
Nosechese, Eddie 5.81
Parada, Paul 5.66
Bulger, Thomas 5.46
Calbert, David 5.35
Swan, Keidrick 5.31
Martin, David 5.28
Lee, Norman 5.17
Harris, Michael 5.16
Mills, Sonny 4.73
Lunney, Christopher 4.66
Fikac, Matt 4.56
Barbier, Bonnie 4.53
Auer, Mike 3.76
Ferman, Juan 3.37
Adams, Daniel
Alvarez, Jonathan
Andrew, Juan
Arguedas, Jason
Arnold, Michael
Auer, David
Banda, Justin
Barbier, Joe
Barbier, Kelly
Barlow, Kaylin
Barrett, Travis
Barron, Bernadette
Barron, Lee
Bauer, Doug
Bishop, Mike
Boatman, Jordan
Bond, Charles
Booth, Joe
Bradley, Russel
Braunagel, David
Braunagel, Jared
Brindel, Karl
Brinkman, John Chandler
Brinkman, John Tyler
Cantu, Gonzalo
Carson, Jeremy
Cayer, Stuart
Cazares, Marco
Colunga, Daniel
Crigger, David
Cross, Samuel
Culpepper, Chris
Dickson, Thad
Drake, Justin
Drake, Kayden
Drake, Kenneth
Eckhardt, Tyler
Ferguson, Aaron
Fisher, Sylvia
Garay, Jonathon
Gates, Daniel
Gilvary, Adam
Guerra, Robert
Guerrero, Marciano
Hall, Ryan
Harris, Justin
Hart, Todd
Heard, Mark
Hoffman, Bonnie
Howard, Anna
Hurst, Andrew ... duplicate?
Hurst, Ralph
Jones, Bradley
Jones, David
Justus, Grant
Kathan, Kenneth
Keener, Chris
Keener, Robby
Keill, Tony
Kopecky, Kevin
Kostelnik, Justin
Leblanc, Jared
Long, Matt
Majorka, Joshua
Majorka, Michael
Martinez, Luis
Martinez, Paul
McDaniel, Taylor
Mejia, Jose
Melton, Charlie
Melton, Garrett
Mitchell, Ancil
Mongarro, Jose
Morales, Cynthia
Morales, Edward
Murray, Kelsey
Nelson, William
Norton, Nathan
Ortiz, Ramona
Padilla, Bill
Padilla, Travis
Pate, Jerry
Patterson, Marty
Perez, Alec
Perez, Ernest
Phillips, Carl
Pina, Daniel
Presswood, Bailey
Rich, Justin
Robertson, Allen
Rustam, Alimzhanov
Ryerson, Spencer
Salgado, Stuart
Sanchez, Brice
Sharpe, Gary
Shay, Nikolas
Shechter, Dustin
Sleeman, Lyle
Speeaks, Christopher
Spillman, Rick
Starr, Matt
Story, Scott
Strempel, Osman
Stubblefield, Tom
Tackett, Joshua
Thomas, Eric
Torres, Alex
Tracy, Rick
Turner, Chris
Valdez, Danny
Walthall, Miles
Weaver, James
Wiland, Scott
Yarbrough, Max
Last edited by EZ-E on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tombo

Re: Hook Spit Rods LSKS April18,2015 Southern Star Event Results

Post by Tombo »

When I won that beautiful rod, could you tell I was excited? Never give up. Dustin, you and your team truly run a great tournament.
To put it in perspective compared to other contest for kayakers, yours is the only one that has increased attendance.
How many times can I say thank you.
Tom
EZ-E
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by EZ-E »

Tombo wrote:When I won that beautiful rod, could you tell I was excited? Never give up. Dustin, you and your team truly run a great tournament.
To put it in perspective compared to other contest for kayakers, yours is the only one that has increased attendance.
How many times can I say thank you.
Tom
I was so pumped for you when you won the rod ... those rods are so sweet. It was good to see you, Travis & Jesse ... and of course everyone else.

Thank you for the compliment ... we must be doing something right to keep gaining attendance. We both know many have tried over the years to do what were doing & no one has been as successful. As long as y'all keep coming back we will keep hosting. Matter of fact went looking on Sunday for a place that can hold 200 + anglers. As quickly as registration went up the last 4 days ... from 90 anglers to 176 i have to be prepared no matter what. 4 days is a short time to try to find a place to hold over 200 people.
aggie182
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by aggie182 »

Dustin, you did a great job as always, along with your team. Thanks for the hard work!
EZ-E
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by EZ-E »

aggie182 wrote:Dustin, you did a great job as always, along with your team. Thanks for the hard work!
Thank you Aaron, i was impressed the way we were able to accommodate the extra anglers in such a short time frame. Wendy was worried i was going to have a heart attack or stroke from freaking out on how to handle the increased anglers this year.... i think we did awesome! I am glad everyone is enjoying the series...we must be doing something right :D It also helps that we have a great bunch of anglers that help promote us also... you guys & gals are the best :clap:
EdK

Post by EdK »

To all that participated in an excellent and "GROWING" tournament with what had to have been some extremely challenging conditions-CONGRATULATIONS!

Texas tournaments are tough.

Not only does one compete with other proficient and passionate anglers but above all and more often than not- Texas Tournament fisherman battle mother nature first and foremost.

And even more difficult and challenging is Kayak Tournament Fishing-

Well Done Iron Men & Women Of Fishing!
blzn04

Post by blzn04 »

Had a great time even though I couldnt hang out at the weighins very long. Had to be back in houston at 4. Look forward to the next ones when i can stay longer.

I did have a question that I thought about that maybe you can clarify. My buddy Juan won the "Blackjack" prize. I am wondering if the BlackJack redfish HAS TO count as your weighed redfish? Hypothetical scenario- I catch 3 reds. A 25", a 26" and a 21". Can you bring all 3 to the weighins and enter the blackjack for the blackjack prize then the 2 heavier fish count towards the weight tournament. Extremely hypothetical because i couldnt even get one in the slot on saturday :( haha. Just curious
EZ-E
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by EZ-E »

blzn04 wrote:Had a great time even though I couldnt hang out at the weighins very long. Had to be back in houston at 4. Look forward to the next ones when i can stay longer.

I did have a question that I thought about that maybe you can clarify. My buddy Juan won the "Blackjack" prize. I am wondering if the BlackJack redfish HAS TO count as your weighed redfish? Hypothetical scenario- I catch 3 reds. A 25", a 26" and a 21". Can you bring all 3 to the weighins and enter the blackjack for the blackjack prize then the 2 heavier fish count towards the weight tournament. Extremely hypothetical because i couldnt even get one in the slot on saturday :( haha. Just curious

must be 1 of the 2 fish you weigh in for black jack or multi spot. It is a category designed to give the guy with small fish a chance to win something ...when 16-18 lbs is leading the tournament.

Dustin 8)
bernie32

Post by bernie32 »

I would have to say what an awesome job you all did. I had a blast and almost met my one goal for the year. I was just a little shy of being in the top ten. Looks like I will have to try a little bit harder. What an awesome tourney one of the best I have been to that's for sure. Thanks Dustin for all your hard work. See yall in June.
RajunCajun

Post by RajunCajun »

Dustin,
Great job y'all did on accommodating all the additional anglers. Class act event because it's hosted/maintained by class act folks. Happy to say when we "met" you were the director of a "little" redfish tournament. See ya in June hopefully with a few more pounds....of fish that is.
blzn04

Post by blzn04 »

EZ-E wrote:
blzn04 wrote:Had a great time even though I couldnt hang out at the weighins very long. Had to be back in houston at 4. Look forward to the next ones when i can stay longer.

must be 1 of the 2 fish you weigh in for black jack or multi spot. It is a category designed to give the guy with small fish a chance to win something ...when 16-18 lbs is leading the tournament.

Dustin 8)
Haha thanks for clearing that up...and more importantly...thanks for making categories I might actually be able to win! Lol
Coachsmills
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Coachsmills »

EZ-E wrote: ... we must be doing something right to keep gaining attendance. We both know many have tried over the years to do what were doing & no one has been as successful.
I think this question has a simple answer, or I guess I should say answers.

25% of the field getting cash gives everyone a 1 in 4 shot of getting in the money
Great raffle prizes from sponsors
Free beer of course
Anyone can win or place near the top on any given day. If you look at the results from Saturday you'll see some first time tournament anglers in the top 20 out of 176 and you'll see some past trophy winners without a fish.
The weighin is one big drama free meet and greet with plenty of info and stories shared
It's a great excuse to go fishing for about 8 hours a day, 4 times a year
We've got a great tournament director, weigh master, redfish taxi driver(s), trophy maker, sponsors, and a crappy webmaster that can just barely keep things up and running. :lol:

If all of the above continues, I think we'll continue to see a rise in numbers. With that being said.......we're gonna need more beer!!!
JKAG10

Post by JKAG10 »

Dustin, any word on the missing pictures?
EZ-E
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by EZ-E »

JKAG10 wrote:Dustin, any word on the missing pictures?
yep we put them on the original picture post on Facebook. Jeff was able to run a recovery program & get the missing pics. I still have to get them on the website though.