Hook Spit Rods Lone Star Kayak Series April 18th

EZ-E
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Hook Spit Rods Lone Star Kayak Series April 18th

Post by EZ-E »

I'm calling it .... 168 anglers registered, we are paying out $7,500.00 to the top 42 places, 1st place will get $1500 cash + sponsor prizes, 42nd place will get $50 cash + sponsor prizes. I am truly amazed & blown away at the amount of participation for our first event of 2015. With this many anglers i know parking will be cumbersome, I plan to have a few guys directing parking & also a few guys on golf carts & side by sides to give you a ride from where you parked to the weigh in. I hope this helps with the amount of anglers we have showing up. I am doing my best to make sure everyone enjoys them selves & everything runs smooth, but seriously how do you plan for double participation :lol:

Good Luck everyone & see you at the weigh in!
Dustin 8)
Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Coastal Country »

Maybe instead of a high seat I need to find a small trailer too pull behind the ranger!
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

I would make a suggestion that if time is tight for the weigh in, drive up to the canopy and check in first so there is no hurry to find a parking spot.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

What time is check in?
Coachsmills
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Coachsmills »

Tombo wrote:What time is check in?
2:30 to 4:30. Anglers over the age of 50 are encouraged to checkin at 4:45 though so make sure you wait till then Tombo. :lol:
EZ-E
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by EZ-E »

Tombo wrote:I would make a suggestion that if time is tight for the weigh in, drive up to the canopy and check in first so there is no hurry to find a parking spot.

Yes sir, i sent a mass email out the other day regarding that. The main thing is PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE BOAT RAMP or the drive area where we check in/weigh in.
Throttlehead250
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Throttlehead250 »

since there are so many anglers if you are in line to weigh in at 430 you should be good right?
Coachsmills
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Coachsmills »

Yes. Basically check in with Dustin's wife at the little tent by 4:30 and you are good.
blzn04

Post by blzn04 »

EZ-E wrote:I'm calling it .... 168 anglers registered, we are paying out $7,500.00 to the top 42 places, 1st place will get $1500 cash + sponsor prizes, 42nd place will get $50 cash + sponsor prizes. I am truly amazed & blown away at the amount of participation for our first event of 2015. With this many anglers i know parking will be cumbersome, I plan to have a few guys directing parking & also a few guys on golf carts & side by sides to give you a ride from where you parked to the weigh in. I hope this helps with the amount of anglers we have showing up. I am doing my best to make sure everyone enjoys them selves & everything runs smooth, but seriously how do you plan for double participation :lol:

Dustin 8)

So I just YOLO'd at lunch today and bought a second camera...So now im doing the math to figure out which place i need to get to justify it to the wife :oops: haha
EZ-E
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by EZ-E »

blzn04 wrote:
EZ-E wrote:I'm calling it .... 168 anglers registered, we are paying out $7,500.00 to the top 42 places, 1st place will get $1500 cash + sponsor prizes, 42nd place will get $50 cash + sponsor prizes. I am truly amazed & blown away at the amount of participation for our first event of 2015. With this many anglers i know parking will be cumbersome, I plan to have a few guys directing parking & also a few guys on golf carts & side by sides to give you a ride from where you parked to the weigh in. I hope this helps with the amount of anglers we have showing up. I am doing my best to make sure everyone enjoys them selves & everything runs smooth, but seriously how do you plan for double participation :lol:

Dustin 8)

So I just YOLO'd at lunch today and bought a second camera...So now im doing the math to figure out which place i need to get to justify it to the wife :oops: haha
ask for forgiveness instead of permission ... nice...sounds like something i would do. Lets just hope you dont end up on the couch the next few nights :lol:
onelastcast03

Post by onelastcast03 »

Dustin 8)
I could donate the use of my side by side Gator for the cause if you have another driver. It will cost you tho, about 1/2 pound at the weigh in. :)

No seriously, it is available if needed. It has dump bed room in the back for coolers, live wells, or anything else needed. It's a mule, it can haul and pull just about anything you need to pull with it. We can put a farmers DOT triangle in the back and call it good. Let me know via PM and I can arrange drop off.
Throttlehead250
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Coachsmills wrote:Yes. Basically check in with Dustin's wife at the little tent by 4:30 and you are good.
ok awesome, i think im gonna need every last bit of time i can stand lol
Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

I'm rigging a livewell ala coach mills that will ride in my ranger and a couple 5gal buckets too change water out regularly.
Throttlehead250
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Javelina Russ wrote:I'm rigging a livewell ala coach mills that will ride in my ranger and a couple 5gal buckets too change water out regularly.
thats awesome man!! first class redfish tram!
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Pretty dam cool Russ.
Coachsmills
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Coachsmills »

Sweet. This tournament is getting to be pretty high class. I'm sure we'll have a champagne and caviar sponsor next year. Participants will be required to wear a tux when weighing in fish and we won't have to worry about parking because we'll have a valet service.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Lord and Lady Koreba Redfish and crumpet convention
EZ-E
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by EZ-E »

onelastcast03 wrote:

Dustin 8)
I could donate the use of my side by side Gator for the cause if you have another driver. It will cost you tho, about 1/2 pound at the weigh in. :)

No seriously, it is available if needed. It has dump bed room in the back for coolers, live wells, or anything else needed. It's a mule, it can haul and pull just about anything you need to pull with it. We can put a farmers DOT triangle in the back and call it good. Let me know via PM and I can arrange drop off.
Thank you sir for the offer that is awesome. I wish i knew the other day, i booked a kubota ...lol. I'm sure if the June event is as large as this one we could use your services. I will keep you posted.

Javelina Russ wrote:I'm rigging a livewell ala coach mills that will ride in my ranger and a couple 5gal buckets too change water out regularly.
Awesome Russ ...Thank you!

Coachsmills wrote:Sweet. This tournament is getting to be pretty high class. I'm sure we'll have a champagne and caviar sponsor next year. Participants will be required to wear a tux when weighing in fish and we won't have to worry about parking because we'll have a valet service.
i doubt we'll go full tux ... we'll probably keep it a little redneck & get the Tux T-shirts ...lol
Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

EZ-E wrote:
Awesome Russ ...Thank you!

i doubt we'll go full tux ... we'll probably keep it a little redneck & get the Tux T-shirts ...lol
Well I needed one too be prepared for when Sylvia catches her redfish and never know this blind pig might find one tooImage Image Image

tux-tee's and flip flops, no self respecting marshbilly sports the crocs!Image Image Image
Matyyaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Matyyaker »

Dustin 8)
Jay I guess you have figured this out as well......You and I will be holding down the 1st and 2nd entry spots for many more tourneys to come. With entries almost doubling from last year, and more female anglers than any other tourney in history there is only one explanation. It's our good looks and dashing personalities that drew them to enter in record numbers ! Just look at last year, the first one was a fraction of what you and I did for it this year. Before you know it , the CCA will be sending us plagues for totally restocking the lower Galveston bay with redfish. Yeah I'm looking for Dustin to reserve those spots for us from here on out. Hey we may even get reserved parking right up front !!!! :lol: :lol: :dance:
hillbillie

Post by hillbillie »

I see the chance of bad weather is there for Saturday and was wondering what the determining factors are for postponing the tournament? and if that were to happen will there be an opportunity to register for the new date?

Have A Blessed Day
Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Matyyaker wrote:
EZ-E wrote:I'm calling it .... 168 anglers registered, we are paying out $7,500.00 to the top 42 places, 1st place will get $1500 cash + sponsor prizes, 42nd place will get $50 cash + sponsor prizes. I am truly amazed & blown away at the amount of participation for our first event of 2015. With this many anglers i know parking will be cumbersome, I plan to have a few guys directing parking & also a few guys on golf carts & side by sides to give you a ride from where you parked to the weigh in. I hope this helps with the amount of anglers we have showing up. I am doing my best to make sure everyone enjoys them selves & everything runs smooth, but seriously how do you plan for double participation Image

Dustin 8)
With entries almost doubling from last year, and more female anglers than any other tourney in history there is only one explanation. It's our good looks and dashing personalities that drew them to enter in record numbers !
I have it on good authority that my sexy legs and freckles got one lady entered so don't go tooting that horn too hard Han....Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
EZ-E
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by EZ-E »

hillbillie wrote:I see the chance of bad weather is there for Saturday and was wondering what the determining factors are for postponing the tournament? and if that were to happen will there be an opportunity to register for the new date?

Have A Blessed Day
Pretty much a tropical storm or hurricane is the only thing to stop us...the fish are already wet so they dont care :lol: We expect you to use your best judgement on weather situations, also know your ability & wear your PFD. with technology today you can pull the weather up on your phone ...if you have to wait out at the launch for a bit till it dies down or possibly go to plan b on your launch. With our boundaries being so large it could be raining in Matty & Sabine have sunshine. If we were to cancel an event we would send out a mass email & also have a message on our phone number. Besides the weatherman is the only guy thats wrong 50% of the time & still gets to keep his job :mrgreen:
Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Frog togs will be packed and probably used tomorrow fo' sho!!
hillbillie

Post by hillbillie »

any word on the leader board? The suspense is driving me crazy LOL!!!