Jiffy Pop Invitational

Matyyaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Jiffy Pop Invitational

Post by Matyyaker »

cdwinner.jpg
This past Saturday the prestigious 2nd annual Jiffy Pop Invitational was held. Calbert.D battled his way thru overwhelming odds defeating many seasoned pro's to emerge the victor ! That Dude is always on fish. Not only did he win the Jiffy , he claimed another victory in an online tourney. He's on fire right now !!!
Wadefish69

Re: Jiffy Pop Invitational

Post by Wadefish69 »

He's ALWAYS on the fish!Congrats dude, lots of fun!
CalbertD

Post by CalbertD »

Matyyaker wrote:
cdwinner.jpg
This past Saturday the prestigious 2nd annual Jiffy Pop Invitational was held. Calbert.D battled his way thru overwhelming odds defeating many seasoned pro's to emerge the victor ! That Dude is always on fish. Not only did he win the Jiffy , he claimed another victory in an online tourney. He's on fire right now !!!
And Charlie you are now hired as my publicist. :lol: :lol: I had a blast!!
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Can some one explain why Jiffy Pop was used?
aggie182
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by aggie182 »

Tombo wrote:Can some one explain why Jiffy Pop was used?
You must have gone to bed too early.
Matyyaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Matyyaker »

Calbert.D did not know what Jiffy Pop was , hence the name.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

aggie182 wrote:
Nope, was sitting next to Dave when Lydia mentioned Jiffy Pop. Dave had never heard of Jiffy Pop nor did he recognize the container of Jiffy Pop.
Matyaker took Dave by the hand, literally, and explained the method to which Jiffy Pop would reveal its magical transformation.
When the Jiffy Pop started popping and expanding, Matyaker yelled "its going to explode" and ran out the tent leaving Dave to fend for himself with the campsite IUD!
In Dave's defense, he is only 30 years of age and has not been exposed to some of the finer aspects of living in the 80's such as bell bottom pants, neru shirts, flower power, and brownies made by Alice B. Toklas.
I was just too lazy to explain, should have pointed out earlier.
Matyyaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Matyyaker »

Yes Tombo , he is a young'un. But the general consensus by the voting partners there was that he has gradutated from noob to pro angler after this past weekend. No longer needing advice , tips on hot spots, what they are hitting on ...etc. etc. etc. So now he has been weaned, off tit forever more. :lol: :lol: You will thank me later . Sincerely , your publicist.
CalbertD

Post by CalbertD »

Tombo wrote:
aggie182 wrote:
Nope, was sitting next to Dave when Lydia mentioned Jiffy Pop. Dave had never heard of Jiffy Pop nor did he recognize the container of Jiffy Pop.
Matyaker took Dave by the hand, literally, and explained the method to which Jiffy Pop would reveal its magical transformation.
When the Jiffy Pop started popping and expanding, Matyaker yelled "its going to explode" and ran out the tent leaving Dave to fend for himself with the campsite IUD!
In Dave's defense, he is only 30 years of age and has not been exposed to some of the finer aspects of living in the 80's such as bell bottom pants, neru shirts, flower power, and brownies made by Alice B. Toklas.
I was just too lazy to explain, should have pointed out earlier.
Neru shirts????
CalbertD

Post by CalbertD »

Matyyaker wrote:Yes Tombo , he is a young'un. But the general consensus by the voting partners there was that he has gradutated from noob to pro angler after this past weekend. No longer needing advice , tips on hot spots, what they are hitting on ...etc. etc. etc. So now he has been weaned, off tit forever more. :lol: :lol: You will thank me later . Sincerely , your publicist.
Still a noob and always trying to learn. Especially from some of the best "seasoned" anglers.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

David, most of what I mentioned are things my generation are not proud of.
Coachsmills
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Coachsmills »

A very prestigious tournament that is by invitation only. Just to be included on the invite list is an honor in itself. It's sort of like those underground poker games where the buyin is a million dollars and you have to tell the secret password to the man behind the door to enter. No reporters allowed and the winner receives the greatest prize of all, victory over the other anglers........and jiffy pop of course.
oyster_rash

Post by oyster_rash »

I wanna go to the Jiffy Pop invitational too!! I can cook sum mean brisket tacos. He he he! Pick me as a pinch hitter this year!!!!
oyster_rash

Post by oyster_rash »

I got my new Mojo griddle just waiting to cook for a hungry group!! Holla at ya Boy!!
Matyyaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Matyyaker »

There maybe a glimmer of hope on the horizon. First you need to be scouting for some primo brisket ..... with a awesome pit. Second you need to get one of those usps boxes, the kind if it fits it ships. Third.....fill it with twenty dollar bills, vary the serial numbers. PM me for my address. Then under the cover of darkness drop it in the mail. Once it arrives you will be contacted regarding entry in the Jiffy Pop. :lol: :lol:
aggie182
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by aggie182 »

Matyyaker wrote:There maybe a glimmer of hope on the horizon. First you need to be scouting for some primo brisket ..... with a awesome pit. Second you need to get one of those usps boxes, the kind if it fits it ships. Third.....fill it with twenty dollar bills, vary the serial numbers. PM me for my address. Then under the cover of darkness drop it in the mail. Once it arrives you will be contacted regarding entry in the Jiffy Pop. :lol: :lol:
I can't wait to take the trophy from CalbertD!!! I will be taking it home this year.
Coachsmills
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Coachsmills »

aggie182 wrote: I can't wait to take the trophy from CalbertD!!! I will be taking it home this year.
Sounds like an ESPN 30 for 30 show. From Fish Caddy to Trophy Winner: The Aaron Ferguson Story.
aggie182
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by aggie182 »

Coachsmills wrote:
aggie182 wrote: I can't wait to take the trophy from CalbertD!!! I will be taking it home this year.
Sounds like an ESPN 30 for 30 show. From Fish Caddy to Trophy Winner: The Aaron Ferguson Story.
I'd say we could make this happen. Everyone should have a GoPro or some sort of camera with the exception of you.
Coachsmills
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Coachsmills »

aggie182 wrote: I'd say we could make this happen. Everyone should have a GoPro or some sort of camera with the exception of you.
It would be a short movie without the footage of all my fish!!! :lol:
oyster_rash

Post by oyster_rash »

Do you accept Pay Pal, my good man?? Ha ha! I've seen the you tube videos of the event. You guys are first class! I'm hip to the Jiffy Pop, that was a modern marvel in its time. Plus I make great brisket breakfast tacos, in the middle of nowhere. Count me in !
surfpunk
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by surfpunk »

I'll be "popping" reds in a "jiffy", hahaha,,, never mind... :roll:
Matyyaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Matyyaker »

Getting close to that time .....Calbert should be getting it polished up for the next winner. Just a few more weeks out. I think Aaron has his sights set on it. Gonna be good.
1963Christopher

Post by 1963Christopher »

Re: "When the Jiffy Pop started popping and expanding, Matyaker yelled "its going to explode" and ran out the tent leaving Dave to fend for himself with the campsite IUD!"

I sincerely hope this was a typo, and that the acronym meant was 'IED'. Fairly certain we're talking about two different things.

As an FYI - loved Jiffy Pop as a kid.
RajunCajun

Post by RajunCajun »

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play! Charley, due to excessive fishing with my fish whisperer you will not be allowed to fish with him. You ruined our anniversary and I think it's only appropriate for you to arrange for a different fishing partner for said weekend.
Matyyaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Matyyaker »

RajunCajun wrote:Put me in coach, I'm ready to play! Charley, due to excessive fishing with my fish whisperer you will not be allowed to fish with him. You ruined our anniversary and I think it's only appropriate for you to arrange for a different fishing partner for said weekend.

Jay ...I apologize for that. But no can do. We have plans running into late next year. Including the Casting for a Cause. I wished the fish whisper had told you about this sooner but maybe he wanted to let you down easy. Perhaps you could get with Ole Swommie , Bearnie 32 that is . Here's wishing you luck in the future. You should be served in the near future. :mrgreen: