looking for help setting up benefit tournament

cshonkerhill

looking for help setting up benefit tournament

Post by cshonkerhill »

Hello, I’ve been a member for a while and have enjoyed reading many posts and learning some great ideas for techniques and ways to fish. Thanks to y’all I’m finally starting to have successful fishing trips after 4 years! I’ve never posted anything because I don’t really have any skills to share, and am just not that social.
I’m posting now because I have a strong belief that God is leading me to put on a fishing tournament to benefit a few mission groups that my church, Yoakum First Baptist, is supporting. Groups like the Celtic Languages Teams, Ambassadors for Christ of Texas, and the Casa Esperanca in Mozambique. When this works out, it will be all God, as I’ve never even been in a tournament, much less put one together. I have no idea how to get started trying to put one on, and am hoping that y’all would allow me to draw from your expertise once again. If there is any information that y’all would be willing to share please let me know.

These are my thoughts so far:
Type: Saltwater tournament, Reds or mixed bag type

Location: around Indianola (This is where I do most of my fishing and am not familiar with any other areas. The beach area seems like it could handle crowds without a problem.)

When: Summer??? (I am not sure what time of year would be good. I haven’t been able to fish much in the fall or winter, so I don’t know if that would be a good time. Spring seems windy, so I’m leaning toward summer, but I’m open to ideas.)

Prizes: I would like to be able to get sponsors or donations for the prizes and use the entry fees for the missions.

Thanks for reading and any ideas. Craig