bag of lures tournament Galveston area?

blzn04

bag of lures tournament Galveston area?

Post by blzn04 »

Last year I saw a couple small tournaments where the entry fee was a bag of lures and winner takes all. I'm just curious if anyone will be putting some together this year. I'm doing LSKS but looking for more smaller ones in the Galveston area since I have more weekends free this year
blzn04

Re: bag of lures tournament Galveston area?

Post by blzn04 »

Doesn't necessarily have to be bag of lures. Just using that as an example. Any smaller tournaments in the Galveston area
Coachsmills
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Coachsmills »

Russ use to hold a lures tournament once a month but I know hes been pretty busy lately. I had planned on getting a couple together this summer when I have a little more free time. I'll try and plan one for late June if others might be interested in participating. I'll put up the "rules" if you want to call them that but its usually pretty laid back tournament to have fun.

In the past we've had people show up at Louis anytime between 5 and 7 to drop off their their entry fee which was a pack of soft plastics or one of your favorite lures. I'll have a notepad for you to sign your name and from there you're free to fish wherever you want anytime after you drop off your lure. Be back by 2 pm with your biggest trout, flounder, and red and total inches wins the pot. The red has to be in the slot and the flounder and trout just have to meet minimum length requirements.

I'll check with my better half to see about a free weekend to have it.
blzn04

Post by blzn04 »

Yea i am down for doing that for sure. The only thing that may be tough for me is the captains meeting. My new hot spot is around freeport so i normally like to take 288 down. I know that w/o the captains meeting people who didnt catch fish would probably not show up to pay at 2pm though. Its all good i guess. It may be good for me to try out new spots over there anyway.