2014 Ride the Bull - V in Grand Isle, LA

Mullet Key

2014 Ride the Bull - V in Grand Isle, LA

Post by Mullet Key »

Talk to my buddy Danny Wray at Calm Waters Charters in Leeville and he says "It's On!" Registration starts next week on their website:

http://www.calmwatercharters.net/#!ride-the-bull/c2474" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This year's event is on Sat Aug 16, with a big dinner the night before at Bridgeside Marina. I'm taking some PACK guys down there so they can get towed around some.
Attachments
Ride the Bull Poster.jpg
Ride the Bull Poster.jpg (27.58 KiB) Viewed 6022 times
Mullet Key

Re: 2014 Ride the Bull - V in Grand Isle, LA

Post by Mullet Key »

Registration is now open. $65 each with a $2 handling fee if you use PayPal. Cost of a stamp if you register by US Mail. Register at the link below:

http://www.calmwatercharters.net/#!ride-the-bull/c2474" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mullet Key

Post by Mullet Key »

New update. More than $10k in Wilderness System Kayaks to award as prizes, GoPro will have experienced representatives on hand to help educate the kayak fishing public how to get the most out of their GoPro set ups. I'm sure GoPro cameras are part of the the prize packages.

Here is the skinny on team fishing. Register 4 anglers the morning of the tournament and teams with the heaviest Bullreds on the board wins $500. There is a media day the week before the tournament to catch and tag bullreds. For each Tag Sponsor signed on, kayak anglers with tagged reds win $500 each.

Organizers are having the Friday meal at Bridgeside Marina catered. Non-anglers can register for just the meal for $15.
HobieBro

Post by HobieBro »

I'm signed up and ready for some action. I say we have a PACK Team1 and 2 if needed
Mullet Key

Post by Mullet Key »

Still thinking of going in 10 days?

There is a bunk available for Friday Aug. 15 and Sat Aug 16 at the Cajun Tide Resort where we are staying. If you want to fish the tournament, all the details can be found at: [ https://www.facebook.com/Ridethebull" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ] or [ http://www.packtx.org/Events/tabid/53/M ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ]

The cost of the bunk is $115 total for the two nights. Contact me if you are interested. As of now we have 6 guys and 7 beds. So contact me directly at mullet.key@gmail.com or 832-216-2483 Chris Arceneaux
Mullet Key

Post by Mullet Key »

Bunk still available, thanks
OneFishTwoFish

Post by OneFishTwoFish »

man this looks awesome
Mullet Key

Post by Mullet Key »

It was awesome! 33 TKF's / 6 from PACK club alone. The bull reds must have preferred the offshore instead of the bay. 24 reds over the LA slot made it to the scales with about 750 kayaks in Caminada Bay - Grand Isle, LA. The winner shown here landed a 26+ lb red to take 1st place and some nice prizes from a stand-up paddle board even. Congratulations Kalley LeRoy! Brad Valtierra with PACK took 7th with a 22.4# fish. The only Texan to make it on the board.
Attachments
Bull_tournament_start_Aug_2014.jpg
1st Place Chick-2.jpg
1st Place Chick-2.jpg (28.99 KiB) Viewed 5496 times
1st Place Chick.jpg
1st Place Chick.jpg (33.08 KiB) Viewed 5496 times
Last edited by Mullet Key on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneFishTwoFish

Post by OneFishTwoFish »

i think im in love :dance: