List of Texas Tournaments

Coachsmills
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

List of Texas Tournaments

Post by Coachsmills »

Hey Guys,
I've been trying to compile a list of all kayak tournaments in Texas in one place on my blog so that they are easy to locate. As of right now I have 42 total tournaments listed. Most are kayak only but some are kayak and PB. If I've missed any that someone knows about I'll add it if you can shoot me an e-mail with the info at coachsmills@gmail.com

Thanks,
SM

http://tailtailsigns.com/tournaments/2014-tournaments/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
falcon2

Re: List of Texas Tournaments

Post by falcon2 »

Thanks
CalbertD

Post by CalbertD »

I thought the chorizo tourney in December was a flounder tourney?
Coachsmills
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Coachsmills »

CalbertD wrote:I thought the chorizo tourney in December was a flounder tourney?
Thanks David. You're right and I fixed it. Also added the two stops of the IFA, Bluewater Kingfish Classic, and the Rockport Yak Attack except the actual date isn't known yet. I know there's a shark tourney I'm missing as well.
Fish Aholic

Post by Fish Aholic »

Looks like I need to do some of the bass tourneys. Those would be fun to fish.

The LSKS, Casting for a Cause, and maybe a couple of the Fish West End tourneys for me. LSKS is such a good return on investment and lots of people fish it. The IFA is cool too but there are a few things that have kept me away from it. The Galveston Redfish Series usually takes a strong weight to get a check. 2014 should be a good year - looking forward towards new things, new fish, new water, and meeting more people.
aggie182
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by aggie182 »

Fish Aholic wrote: 2014 should be a good year - looking forward towards new things, new fish, new water, and meeting more people.
Ditto here. Been looking at new (to me) water on Google Earth a lot but it is hard to pull the trigger when opportunities are limited with work and family commitments.
Coachsmills
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Coachsmills »

I added the FAA Youth Saltwater Tournament Series dates to the page. If anyone in the Galveston area is looking for a kids tournament (Ages Pre K through 12th) to fish then this one seems like it may be a good one. From what I've read, you are allowed to fish it by boat, kayak, wade, or bank with 3 divisions. Pre K - 3rd, 4th - 8th, and 9th - 12th. The two younger groups can have teams of 4 and the 9-12 group is a team of 2. Cost is only $25 per angler. Check out there page for all the rules and details.

http://www.futureanglersassociation.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
FAA Poster.jpg
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Your tournament list has provided me with a problem for me. April 6th is Dustin's contest and April 7th is the IFA. I don't see me doing both due to logistics. Probably fish LSKS and do the IFA if I have time. I think I can sign up for IFA at the Capt. meeting.
Coachsmills
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Coachsmills »

Tough choice. Both are really good tournaments. If you weighed in at the LSKS right at 2:30 and didn't stick around for the awards ceremony you could buy yourself about 3 hours. Enough time to get home, clean up, and get some rest. Of course the weighin is the best part.
FJCruisin

Post by FJCruisin »

I have really enjoyed the CCKF tournament series the past two years. Freashwater bass tournaments in the Dallas and Austin area. They plan to expand to the entire state too.
FJCruisin

Post by FJCruisin »

Also, the annual "Dusk Till Dawn" tournament on Lake Bastrop is to be held this year on July 12th under the full moon. It used to be run by KATS, but ACK chose not to carry on the tradition when they purchased KATS and the AKF forum. I have been running it with the help of another forum member for the past three years, but expect some awesome changes this year! Many guys consider the event to be their favorite event every year. Its always been kind of a grass roots event with cheap entry and is a great event for those that are interested in trying a tournament for the first time. We fish from sun down to sunrise!!
Coachsmills
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Coachsmills »

The list is growing. Two low entry fee tournaments in the Freeport area were added to the month of August. One is $25 and the other is $20. Both are open to powerboats and yaks but the payout is nice for each. Also added FJCruisin's all night bass tourney on Lake Bastrop for you freshwater guys in central Texas.
FJCruisin

Post by FJCruisin »

Coachsmills wrote:The list is growing. Two low entry fee tournaments in the Freeport area were added to the month of August. One is $25 and the other is $20. Both are open to powerboats and yaks but the payout is nice for each. Also added FJCruisin's all night bass tourney on Lake Bastrop for you freshwater guys in central Texas.
Thanks for the add. As of last night I turned over the annual Dusk Till Dawn event to CCKF, Capital City Kayak Fishing. I will continue to support this event, but it now belongs to CCKF and will they will bring with it a host of awesome festivities and sponsors! Mark your calendars guys for this one. I guaranty it will be one of the finest and enjoyable tournaments you will do all year! See you guys July 12th!!!
MRSRIDE
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by MRSRIDE »

Nice list, thanks for sharing.
The Yak Attack in Sept/Oct is not happening, new owners at the main sponsor...
EZ-E
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by EZ-E »

Tombo wrote:Your tournament list has provided me with a problem for me. April 6th is Dustin's contest and April 7th is the IFA. I don't see me doing both due to logistics. Probably fish LSKS and do the IFA if I have time. I think I can sign up for IFA at the Capt. meeting.
Tombo ... shouldnt be an issue ... the LSKS is April 19th :wink:
Coachsmills
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Coachsmills »

It's the 2nd LSKS and 2nd IFA that are back to back days. That's when you run into some trouble.
spoonike1

Post by spoonike1 »

Wow. Thanks!!!!!! Just wish there were some out west!!!
FJCruisin

Post by FJCruisin »

TNT Thursday Night Tournament series on Lake Austin July 31st!
FJCruisin

Post by FJCruisin »

uploadfromtaptalk1406426487972.jpg
Tomkat07

Post by Tomkat07 »

Hey I was watching a youtube channel called The Hog Zone. This guy actually does some yak fiahing and noticed they do a tournament on Lake Bruanig and Lake Calaveras in San Antonio. Dont know the names of them. You might can find out the names by watching yhe vidoe or contacting the guy so you can add them on your list.
surfpunk
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by surfpunk »

Thanks for the list Sonny. I'll definately be at the LSKS events and the Chorizo flounder tournament.