San Bernard Kayak Fishing Tournament

tguff

San Bernard Kayak Fishing Tournament

Post by tguff »

Hey Guys,
Several people have messaged me about fishing the San Bernard River. I thought it might be a fun idea to host a tournament this March. Fishing has been very good lately and I caught a lot of fish last March. Sooooo….I would like to invite anyone who would like to come out for a low key, fun, informative fishing tourney, to join me on Sunday, March 30th, at the boat ramp at the end of FM-2918. Tourney rules are easy and simple: 1st-3rd. Trophies will be awarded for best stringer (total weight) trout, reds, flounder or all three. I don't want to get too complicated, just bring your stringer to the table anytime before 3:00pm to be weighed and documented. The purpose of the tourney is to get to know your fellow yakkers and learn a great fishing area. I will have some cheat sheets for new comers to point out a few spots.

BBQ will be served from 1:00-3:30

Date: Sunday, March 30th.
Time: 7:00am-3:00pm
Place: FM-2918 Boat Ramp
Cutoff to official weigh-in: 3:00pm

I have been asked about donations. I do not need any donations for the tourney, if you would like to donate money, I know a great group, out of Lake Jackson, that provide food back packs for needy children in the school system. They also work with students and adults in job preparation, skills, etc. any money donated will go straight to them. http://www.ttlm.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let me know if you are interested.
Last edited by tguff on Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matyyaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: San Bernard Kayak Fishing Tournament

Post by Matyyaker »

Yep ... I'm goin with the man that wrote the cheat sheet ! :lol: :lol: I'm in .
Johnny5455
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Johnny5455 »

Great thing your doing tguff. I definitely will be there! Thank you
Spot_n_tails1

Post by Spot_n_tails1 »

cant wait
yaknbugs

Post by yaknbugs »

Sounds great and hope to meet some fellow yakers. I am a newb and look forward to the opportunity to learn from you old salts.
Bwalls

Post by Bwalls »

I'd love to come down there and meet a few guys but I just got a GSD that is in need of full attention at the moment. If I get her somewhat trained before then I may make it.

Regardless this is a great event you're putting on. I hope every one catches a PB during the event.