With no live wells how do they hold kayak tourneys?

Claggart

With no live wells how do they hold kayak tourneys?

Post by Claggart »

Hey Guys, do they kill the bass during kayak bass tournaments and if not (and I hope not) how do they weigh in a days worth of fish with no live wells?
fox941

Re: With no live wells how do they hold kayak tourneys?

Post by fox941 »

CPR. Catch-photo-release. Most tourneys are this way. Using a standardized measuring device and a camera with a SIM card.
RiveRover

Post by RiveRover »

Exactly. We use a standard "Hog Trough" measuring board and a camera. Add up your top 5 and you have a limit! :mrgreen:
pop1655

Post by pop1655 »

fox941 wrote:CPR. Catch-photo-release. Most tourneys are this way. Using a standardized measuring device and a camera with a SIM card.
RiveRover wrote:Exactly. We use a standard "Hog Trough" measuring board and a camera. Add up your top 5 and you have a limit! :mrgreen:
......and the world will be a better place when the boaters go to this method too!!!!!!!!!!!
JMHO!
RiveRover

Post by RiveRover »

pop1655 wrote:
fox941 wrote:CPR. Catch-photo-release. Most tourneys are this way. Using a standardized measuring device and a camera with a SIM card.
RiveRover wrote:Exactly. We use a standard "Hog Trough" measuring board and a camera. Add up your top 5 and you have a limit! :mrgreen:
......and the world will be a better place when the boaters go to this method too!!!!!!!!!!!
JMHO!
Absolutely!! But then you wouldnt get those "weigh in" pics that the sponsors love....
pop1655

Post by pop1655 »

RiveRover wrote:
pop1655 wrote:
JMHO!
Absolutely!! But then you wouldnt get those "weigh in" pics that the sponsors love....
I think it ought to be law in the hot summer!

(Funny how easy it is to be critical of something you used to do but don't anymore. Guilty as charged!)
Still, I hate seeing em hauled around all over the place, especially in the heat!!!
Claggart

Post by Claggart »

That is great! Where can I get a "Hog Trough" just for personal use? So much better than even the Elite series guys who I cringe to watch hold up a giant bass with one hand knowing it is going back in the water to die with a broken jaw. I've always had zero interest in tournament fishing because I just catch the bass, take a pic if it is a big one and set her free. You boys may have me rethinking tournament fishing! Thanks for the information.
RedWolf
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Clear Lake, Lime OK Frenzy, Lime Tarpon 120, Blue Tarpon 140

Post by RedWolf »

ACK or Yak-attack both carry them I believe.
awbackflow

Post by awbackflow »

You can also get them at Cabelas or bass pro shops. I got mine at Cabelas I Buda tx
hunterlee5587

Post by hunterlee5587 »

I saw a camera with "SIM" card....

So a camera phone?? My camera phone does not have a removable SIM card, but does have a MicroSD card, where data is stored. I am not familiar if cameras have SIM cards. I am confused
broncofan_27

Post by broncofan_27 »

I think by sim card they were meaning sd card, all the new digital cameras have em. If you have the adapter for your micro sd on your phone I don't see why you couldn't use that, or just take the USB cord for your phone and upload that way I would assume would be just fine
rockportkayak
Location: Rockport,TX---Viking Reload,Viking 400 Lite, Viking 2plus1

Post by rockportkayak »

most tourneys will download the pics so please be nice and use an empty card for your "weigh in", and not the one that has all you vacation shots on it as well.
RiveRover

Post by RiveRover »

rockportkayak wrote:most tourneys will download the pics so please be nice and use an empty card for your "weigh in", and not the one that has all you vacation shots on it as well.
True that! Most require an "empty SD card". Also most frown on the use of cellphone cameras due to how easy it is to cheat.
CoastieCulture
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by CoastieCulture »

Any suggestions on some enexpensive cameras anyone uses?
HERZOG

Post by HERZOG »

CoastieCulture wrote:Any suggestions on some enexpensive cameras anyone uses?
Word of advice. Don't go cheap. I burned through three cameras when I first got started and finally bought an Olympus Tough. Great Camera at a half way reasonable price. It should last for years. Waterproof/Shockproof/Freezeproof/Crusshproof/Dustproof.....blah blah blah.

http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/digital ... 0-ihs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alsatian
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Alsatian »

CoastieCulture wrote:Any suggestions on some enexpensive cameras anyone uses?
I have a Kodak Playsport. I payed about $50 for mine off ebay, brand new in the box.