Cold Pass Resort

Fla-Fish
TKF 8000 Club
TKF 8000 Club

Cold Pass Resort

Post by Fla-Fish »

Cold Pass Resort

I just wanted to pimp the Cold Pass Resort. These are the yellow cabins south on the Bluewater Hwy, just north of Ernies Too. If you are fishing Surfside, Christmas Bay, Drum Bay, Cold Pass or SLP these cabins are conveniently located.

These places are rustic. The cabins themselves are clean and have full sized beds, microwave, ceiling fan, TV, A/C, small refrigerator and a porta-potti type toilet (no odor).

Each cabin has a balcony that overlooks Christmas Bay and Cold Pass. It is a great place to watch a sunset.

Also, each cabin has a charcoal grill.

There is no running water in the cabins, but there is a shower next to the office. They keep the gates locked and you get a key to the gate with your room key. For what you get, the price is a hair on the steep side. But the view is worth it.

http://www.yellowcabins.com
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

I called them today and as you stated they are a bit high on rates for such a rustic existence.......they will be my 3rd option for this weekend!

I really don't want to shower with FlaFish and Jolly Roger......fishing with them is tough enough!!! :wink:
Fla-Fish
TKF 8000 Club
TKF 8000 Club

Post by Fla-Fish »

Who said TJ and I plan on showering.
Unless it is a big fish shower :shock: :lol:
reelfisherman

Post by reelfisherman »

I camped there one weekend. Stayed in a tent and it was okay. Lighted docks you could fish off at night if you wanted. You have to paddle a long way to get to the pass, a mile or so, but you can troll on the way and catch a couple of fish. The locked gate made me feel secure about my vehicle and equipment. I could stay there again.
Whodatman

Post by Whodatman »

Thinking of staying there for a few days in January. Looks and sounds perfect for fishing and avoiding the 2hrs+ drive back and forth from Cypress. Want to get on the water and bring my son along. Not a bad price considering the convenience of leaving the boat or kayaks out and getting on and off the water in a hurry. I'll post up how it goes...
Iquest4fish

Post by Iquest4fish »

I have stayed here a few times and it is great place to stay. It's safer than the beach and all the fishing areas are within a few miles.
Set up a tent for 25 bucks a night and knowing your stuff is safe if you leave is worth the 25 dollars.
fishintexas

Re: Cold Pass Resort

Post by fishintexas »

I know this thread is very old but are these cabins still in business?
GUMB0
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Cold Pass Resort

Post by GUMB0 »

No they did not come back after Ike.