Secluded, Remote, Desolate place along Texas Coast

txfshrmn

Secluded, Remote, Desolate place along Texas Coast

Post by txfshrmn »

Looking for a property along the coast that is so far out of the way some utilities may be optional. Would be open to ideas if anyone has any.

On a side note understand to get the secluded, remote, desolate place were looking for we may just have to camp it out. I'm just concerned because of all the bad stories about heading down the PINS. Anyone been down there this year or recently? Are there any inlets along the coast that are kayak-able or is it all inn the surf? Lots of newbie dumb questions I'm sure, but it's the only way to shorten the endless learning curve. Planning an early to mid April trip. Anyone thinking of going at that time and looking to mentor????

Thanks for the help in advance guys...
quiet time

Re: Secluded, Remote, Desolate place along Texas Coast

Post by quiet time »

Matagorda Island - we hire a ride out of Port O'connor to the island then backpack to the beach (2.5 mile) to camp. It's desolate!
Markavillarreal

Post by Markavillarreal »

On PINS you can go to Yarborough pass . You need a good 4x4 and it's very isolated . It's a great p,ace to kayak . You cross the dunes so you don't have the wind or waves . Every time I have gone I have only had one other camp set besides us .
gsquare

Post by gsquare »

I have place north of Smith Point on Trinity Bay That is pretty much hidden from view and the eyes of others. Quiet, good fishing, lots of wildlife and birds, and no light pollution at night.
The house is comfortable and has all the comforts needed for full time use, including Dish.
It's on a protected grassy lagoon with a 70 foot dock and t-head.
It's for sale now and also available for weekend and weekly rentals.
Call if interested,
Garry 832-552-9117
Blue65

Post by Blue65 »

Markavillarreal wrote:On PINS you can go to Yarborough pass . You need a good 4x4 and it's very isolated . It's a great p,ace to kayak . You cross the dunes so you don't have the wind or waves . Every time I have gone I have only had one other camp set besides us .
What is "PINS"?
junkyard chihuahua
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by junkyard chihuahua »

Padre Island National Seashore