Hill Country Cabin

jmac

Hill Country Cabin

Post by jmac »

Does anyone have a suggestion for a hill country river side cabin rental? I'm looking to get my family some outdoor time during our Thanksgiving holidays, but we're not equipped for camping yet. Of course I've found lots of intriguing possibilities on the web (and on here), but I'd love to hear from someone with personal experience. Kayaking is not an important factor, but I would like to be able to fish a little.

Thanks, John
SAHunter1983
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Hill Country Cabin

Post by SAHunter1983 »

Mullers Arc Just outside of bandera is awesome and on the medina. It also has a stocked pond and tons of native and exotic wildlife roaming around.
BrettinSA

Post by BrettinSA »

I second Muellers Ranch outside Bandera. Great place to visit for the family and the Medina is fantastic at that point.
jmac wrote:Does anyone have a suggestion for a hill country river side cabin rental? I'm looking to get my family some outdoor time during our Thanksgiving holidays, but we're not equipped for camping yet. Of course I've found lots of intriguing possibilities on the web (and on here), but I'd love to hear from someone with personal experience. Kayaking is not an important factor, but I would like to be able to fish a little.

Thanks, John
rtbownds

Post by rtbownds »

Look at http://www.clearspringslodgingutopia.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on Sabinal river Just 12 miles from Lost Maples state park
Phishtech
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Phishtech »

Look at Foxfirecabins.com. They're out of Vanderpool/Utopia about 4 miles south of Lost Maples State Park. Cabins and trailers and even houses for rent. It's a very peaceful place to be.
Yak'Razy

Post by Yak'Razy »

can also try Bent River Retreat... they have cabins on the Frio.
big_wes

Post by big_wes »

Old thread, I know but just in case anyone else is looking: I've been going to the 7A Ranch Resort (sounds fancy but couldn't be farther from the truth) in Wimberley every year since I was about 10, so 20+ years. My dad's side of the family has a reunion there every year. Nothing fancy but a good place to stay and get some R&R. Right on the Blanco River. Rates are very reasonable. Fishing is just ok, but there is also an arcade and ice cream shop for the kids in the Pioneer Town located on the 7A property. There is a link to a map of the property at the bottom of the home page to help with cabin selection. Check 'em out: http://7aresort.com/index.php/cabins/
Luv2FlyFish

Post by Luv2FlyFish »

http://www.llanoriveradventures.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Can't go wrong with it. On prime flyfishing area of the Llano River. Mark and his wife are wonderful. Enjoy!
Epp838

Post by Epp838 »

I just got back from the frio river. We stayed at river bluff cabins and was awesome. During the off season you can get a newer cabin that is two bed two bath queen size beds, and pull out sleeper, super clean Over all your 30 yds from the water and 10 min from garner state park. I would highly recommend it to anyone.