Gulf Coast Suggestions

joshcad85

Gulf Coast Suggestions

Post by joshcad85 »

I plan on vacationing somewhere along the Gulf Coast from March 12-14 and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a nice place that is inexpensive. I have a 7 year old and a 2 year old so I need them to be kid friendly. We plan on doing a little fishing and playing on the beach. I never get down there (Haven't been since before Ike), and I know that Spring break will be going on so I would prefer not to be around a bunch of drunk teenagers and college kids. I live in Porter, TX so I guess somewhere near Galveston would be the closest place. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Josh
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Re: Gulf Coast Suggestions

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

I hate to break it to you, but Galveston may be pretty much offlimits and most of the popular areas along the coast will be packed full of a ton of bikini's and lots of beer laden tourists. Hopefully someone who lives down there will be able to key you in on some more remote places but during the spring break and summer it's gets hard to find :(
joshcad85

Re: Gulf Coast Suggestions

Post by joshcad85 »

Mini-x-man wrote:I hate to break it to you, but Galveston may be pretty much offlimits and most of the popular areas along the coast will be packed full of a ton of bikini's and lots of beer laden tourists. Hopefully someone who lives down there will be able to key you in on some more remote places but during the spring break and summer it's gets hard to find :(
Yeah that is what I am afraid of. I may just keep my oldest out of school for a day the following week. Any of you other saltwater guys know of any secluded spots out there?