Cynoscion Nebulosus Meuniere or Spotted Seatrout Meuniere

Joe Guilbeau
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Cynoscion Nebulosus Meuniere or Spotted Seatrout Meuniere

Post by Joe Guilbeau »

Rice Flour for dredging
Sweet Cream Butter non-salted
Heavy skillet (cast iron works well here)

Take butter and cut pats to 1 Tbs sections, these will be placed into a heated skillet so that the butter bubbles up. This is the most important technique for this dish, the butter must bubble up and not burn brown, so some experimentation with YOUR stove and YOUR skillet is needed, just waste a stick or two of SWEET CREAM BUTTER non-salted...don't cut corners with margarine or some other substitute.

Anyhow, have the fillets cold and ready and put butter into pan and while awaiting the bubbling action, dredge enough fillets to about cover the bottom, with some spaces inbetween. The fillets will cook quickly and when golden brown on one side, flip over and add a touch more butter for the opposite side. When golden brown, serve immediately to guests...if desired, some lemon juice squeezed into skillet immediately followed by some tarragon or parsely, with cream added will make a nice sauce to pour over, but is not necessary as the butter and rice flour add a nutty delicacy to the fillets without robbing them of the dainty flavor.

Clean out the pan and start over for the next plate, you simply must not cook them all and then serve, they will get cool and mushy, have the folks lined up with plates when the fillets are golden brown.

Trust me on this, it is a great taste and so simple I wonder why I never came up with this before.

Regular flour will not impart the nutty taste...it ain't the same!