Fat Tire Reds

Parrot Head

Fat Tire Reds

Post by Parrot Head »

Here's one for you Mercy.

Saute the following:

Butter
Fat Tire Beer (and you may want to sample a few first)
Onion
Garlic

Place your Redfish fillet on foil and pour the saute over the fish. Then coat the fish with Italian seasoned bread cumbs, and lightly sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake on 350 until the fish pulls apart easily.
Bluffer
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Bluffer »

Never heard of "fat tire beer" where you get it?
chavez
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by chavez »

Fat Tire was a brand of beer I remember having in Colorado that originated there. They have a Belgian style amber ale. Very tasty. You should be able to find it at places like H.E.B. nowadays or ask a home brewer to make you up a batch.

I'm not sure I would waste any on the fish though. :wink:
bad monkey

Post by bad monkey »

Fat Tire Amber Ale is available at all HEB stores and only in bottles or at your local bar and grill from the tap
recurve57

Post by recurve57 »

Tried some Fat Tire last time I went to Colorado for some computer training and it rally is very tasty. Bought a soft side cooler so I could bring a couple of six packs back home. Nowdays it's not hard to find it locally. That's a good thing.
Parrot Head

Post by Parrot Head »

Just be carefull buying the Fat Tire. The same brewery makes another dark beer, and the bottles and packaging look just like fat tire (only without the name). Needless to say it was much darker than fat tire and not so good to cook with.

I tried the same recipe with trout the other night and it was good too, then again the judge was my girlfriend and I'm not sure if she was a bit bias. I guess if you have enough of the beer while cooking, anything would be good.