Sangrita - the little blood......

Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Sangrita - the little blood......

Post by Animal Chris »

This is dedicated to Mercy, 'ride and Jennifer and all the brave after meeting crew. I always enjoyed this a little better than a slice of lime. Best when made ahead of time and chilled through out. Salute!

Sangrita
• 1 cup Tabasco Bloody Mary Mix
• 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
• 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
• 3 teaspoons grenadine
• Dash chili powder
• Pinch of salt
• Fresh ground pepper

Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker or glass pitcher. Add ice and shake or stir well. Serve chilled in tall shot glasses as a chaser alongside room-temperature 'top shelf' tequila, also served in shot glasses. Best when sipped, not slammed.
Serves 6 (with refills).

Note: If Tabasco BM mix is not available, other BM Mix or some spiced up tomato juice is acceptable.
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Kayak Kid »

Thank you Animal,
I have enjoyed this delicious tequila side for many years in Mexico, but this is the first time I've seen the recipe. Most appreciated, and will be well used.
Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Animal Chris »

I haven't found it in any of the stores around Big H, so we got a bartender in Nuevo Laredo to show us, of course he was't using Tabasco BM mixer, but it came awfully close.
fishinaggie88

Post by fishinaggie88 »

A great Bloody Mary mix I use for everthing from cooking, to Bloody Marys, to Red beer, is "Red Eye". Made in Texas and have hot and mild versions. A little thicker than some of the other bloody mary mixes out there and great flavor. Should go great with this recipe!