TKF 10,000 Club

Snapper Veracruz

Post by Yaklash »

Ingrediants

3-4 tbls. extra virgin olive oil
1 large Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
one medium yellow onion, chopped
1 - 16 oz. can of whole peeled tomatoes
1 - 16 oz. jar of Picante sauce (heat level as desired)

6-8 Red Snapper fillets
6 tbls. butter
juice of 3-4 fresh lemons
lemon pepper

Preheat oven to 375. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, then saute the onions and bell pepper until onions begin to turn transluscent. Add the picante sauce and tomatoes, crushing tomatoes with a wooden spoon in the skillet or breaking into pieces with hands. Simmer on low, stirring occassionally, for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid has cooked out.

Once the sauce is started, melt the butter and put about half into a shallow baking dish, add the fillets, then pour the rest of the butter and the lemon juice over the fillets. Sprinkle with lemon pepper and a little salt. Bake for 25-30 minutes.

On the side, make some white rice. Lay down a bed of rice, place a cooked fillet on top and cover in the "Picant." I usually serve barely steamed vegetables with this meal.
davewave12

Post by davewave12 »

Hey Yaklash-
Sounds delicious, I have somne Mangrove snapper to cook this weekend, would you suggest cooking it Veracruz style? Or should I prepare it some other way? BTW the stuffed flouner was awesome.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

davewave12 wrote:Hey Yaklash-
Sounds delicious, I have somne Mangrove snapper to cook this weekend, would you suggest cooking it Veracruz style? Or should I prepare it some other way? BTW the stuffed flouner was awesome.

Late reply, but I would recommend this recipe for any snapper.
davewave12

Post by davewave12 »

Late reply, but I would recommend this recipe for any snapper.

:D That's OK Yaklash, I caught some more Mangroves this weekend
Attachments
IMG_0937.JPG
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: Snapper Veracruz

Post by Yaklash »

Bump

From the all too brief snapper season a few weeks ago, I received a single fillet from a friend - from an 13 lb snapper :D . He had vacuum sealed and froze it the day he caught it, so it was pretty fresh. I cooked it up with this recipe and thought that I should Bump this up to where more could get this kick-arse recipe.