ribs

saltslammr

ribs

Post by saltslammr »

heres a good style of cookin' a rack of ribs, i usually keep this one to my self but i thought i mite as well post it :D

things needed::

<brown sugar(bout one box,depending on how many ribs youre cookn)

<clover honey

<beer(i like corona but thats just me, anykind will work if its not a lite)

<tony chachares cajun seasoning

<bbq sauce , doesent really matter w/ kind, depends on personal prefrence

<your fingers and a charcoal grill & (or) smoker

First: get the coals goin at about 250 - 325 degrees. When you get those ready go ahead and splash a lil beer on the ribs when you put em in before you close the lid. then after about ten or so minutes open the grill up and cover about three fourths of the ribs with a medium/heavy coat of brown sugar and run a few lines of honey up and down the ribs, i do about five or six spaced out one or two centimeters, then sprinkle quite a bit of chachares on there (amount depending on personal taste) then youre gonnna wanna take your fingers (make sure theyre clean!) and rub the honey,b. sugar, and the chachares in real nice and the honey and the brown sugar should become a glaze like substance, that should be covering the whole rib rack and if it isnt, add a lil bit more honey and brown sugar in the blanks then you splash a lil bit of beer on em. Then you close the top for another fifteen or so minutes and repeat the process again for two or three more times , depending on prefrence (rare,medium rare,well done, etc.) and after that if you want to is you throw it on the smoker for about five or ten minutes but before you put it in the smoker repeat the process shown above. And then you trim off any burns.
Now there are many variations of this recipe and you also can use it on steaks, pork chops, etc. , and i think it is also very good with pork chops.
,Trey