ICE COFFEE not just for breakfast

LOOKN4REDS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

ICE COFFEE not just for breakfast

Post by LOOKN4REDS »

I LOVES me some caffeine throughout the day but a traditional hot cup of fresh brewed when it's 95 well DAYUM. ICE COFFEE to the rescue for a refreshing treat and pick me up anytime of the day.

Before knowing any better I just brewed a 10 cup pot of hot coffee poured into a pitcher and put in the fridge. I finally got one of the baristas to "enlighten" me as to why her ice coffee was so much better. COLD BREWING!...who wudda thunk it. A very simple process (you can make it complicated if you choose :roll: )

Better grind makes better coffee. Start with your favorite and the courser the grind the better. Use the same ratio you like for making hot coffee. I do 10 cups at a time in a large glass container just add the water and coffee, stir and put in the fridge. Cold brewing takes 10-12 hours. You need to filter the cold brew when done. I simply run it through the coffee maker filter into the coffee pot (NOT IN THE Resovoir) transfer to a pitcher and back to the fridge . Has a long shelf life but I go through it pretty quick as I also add to my banana smoothies as a recovery drink after long bike rides.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: ICE COFFEE not just for breakfast

Post by Yaklash »

I tried it for a few weeks. What I tried was to duplicate the cold brewed "concentrate" (lioke what I used to get at a favorite breakfast diner) that could be used as the basis for either a hot (add boiling water) or iced cup of coffee (add ice, sweetener and whatever flavor you like, chocolate sauce for me). I must have tried the "complicated" version :lol: cause it seemed like a lot of steps/work and I used a lot more coffee beans per cup of coffee.

Way good flavor for sure though. But it seemed to me to only go about half as far (caffeine-wise) as hot brewed coffee (which I do every morning in a French Press). My method now for Iced Coffee or Iced Mocha is to use espresso grind in the French press, make it strong as hell, refrigerate it, then pour over ice to dilute when I want a cup.
texasproud11

Re: ICE COFFEE not just for breakfast

Post by texasproud11 »

Yaklash wrote:I tried it for a few weeks. What I tried was to duplicate the cold brewed "concentrate" (lioke what I used to get at a favorite breakfast diner) that could be used as the basis for either a hot (add boiling water) or iced cup of coffee (add ice, sweetener and whatever flavor you like, chocolate sauce for me). I must have tried the "complicated" version :lol: cause it seemed like a lot of steps/work and I used a lot more coffee beans per cup of coffee.

Way good flavor for sure though. But it seemed to me to only go about half as far (caffeine-wise) as hot brewed coffee (which I do every morning in a French Press). My method now for Iced Coffee or Iced Mocha is to use espresso grind in the French press, make it strong as hell, refrigerate it, then pour over ice to dilute when I want a cup.
That's right about the use of beans. The standard cold brew is 1 gram of coffee for every 7 grams of water. With other brewing methods its 1:15 (more than double). The idea is to make a concentrate but my experience is that it's consumed just as fast. However, it can last up to two weeks in your fridge if you're a light drinker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk