duck brochette

ThePopinCorkKid

duck brochette

Post by ThePopinCorkKid »

I went duck hunting for the first time Sunday it was a blast. :lol: . I first tried cooking them whole in the skillet with onions and tomatoes. did not turn out too good. Then I decided to cookem like dove. I peeled of the skin and carved of the breast meat with my fillet knife. Then I cut some Jalapenos in little slivers. next I molded some creme cheese in to little 1.5" logs. Finally I folded the duck breast over with two Jalapeno slivers and a cream cheese log and wrapped them with two pieces of bacon. I rolled them up tight then stuck em with two tooth picks. I finally Threw them on the grill for about 6 min then flipped then another 6 min. They were great the whole family loved them, except for my little sis. more for me 8) Cant wait to get out and shoot some more of those tasty little critters.
Jeaux

Re: duck brochette

Post by Jeaux »

Sounds good. We like em like that also.
Try cutting up your ducks. Put some bacon fat or drippings in a cast-iron pot and brown the duck. When browned add seasonings we like Slap Your MAMA and others. Add 1 large diced onion per duck worstershire sauce and drizzle olive oil over the duck. Cook covered for about 2 hours on medium heat turning the duck approx.every 15 min. adding a little water and olive oil as it cooks down never more than 1/2" deep. Don't let it dry out.
The legs are boney but have a great taste and not as dry as the breast. Cook up some jasmine rice in the micro. Rinse 2 cups of rice and place in large micro wave able bowl with 2 cups of water. No salt or butter until after it is cooked if you wish. Cook uncovered on high for 6 minutes stir fluff and cook for 6 more minutes. Take out stir fluff and cover till serving with saran wrap. Spoon the gravy on the rice and enjoy with your duck. Jeaux from Cajunland.
ThePopinCorkKid

Jeaux wrote:Sounds good. We like em like that also.
Try cutting up your ducks. Put some bacon fat or drippings in a cast-iron pot and brown the duck. When browned add seasonings we like Slap Your MAMA and others. Add 1 large diced onion per duck worstershire sauce and drizzle olive oil over the duck. Cook covered for about 2 hours on medium heat turning the duck approx.every 15 min. adding a little water and olive oil as it cooks down never more than 1/2" deep. Don't let it dry out.
The legs are boney but have a great taste and not as dry as the breast. Cook up some jasmine rice in the micro. Rinse 2 cups of rice and place in large micro wave able bowl with 2 cups of water. No salt or butter until after it is cooked if you wish. Cook uncovered on high for 6 minutes stir fluff and cook for 6 more minutes. Take out stir fluff and cover till serving with saran wrap. Spoon the gravy on the rice and enjoy with your duck. Jeaux from Cajunland.
sounds delicious how do you cut up the ducks?
Jeaux

Post by Jeaux »

Check out u tube on cutting up a chicken. Quite a number of videos and is the same for a duck. Put all the pieces in the pot, the back and wing tips have very little meat but adds to the flavor and ability to make a gravy. PM your # if you want to talk. Happy to help a young person learn to cook game.
ThePopinCorkKid

Jeaux wrote:Check out u tube on cutting up a chicken. Quite a number of videos and is the same for a duck. Put all the pieces in the pot, the back and wing tips have very little meat but adds to the flavor and ability to make a gravy. PM your # if you want to talk. Happy to help a young person learn to cook game.
pm sent