Beans - beans - beans - beans.

charlief1

Beans - beans - beans - beans.

Post by charlief1 »

For those that are old enough you'll remember that song, but this is about how to cook them.

You'll need a 4 quart or bigger crock pot to do this. 1 pound of dry kidney beans and 6 to 8 cups of water to start. Put them in the crock pot and set on high for at least 2 hours. If planning on going out then set it on low and add all but the meat while you're gone. After the first 2 hours on high, you need to add 1 very large diced onion and 1 very large diced green pepper. You can use 2 if you want more flavor. The seasoning is where the real flavor comes in. I use a product called soul seasoning from a company called spice supreme and it works in beans or on meat, but you may have to get it on the net. :( It's a little hard to find for some reason. Add about 1/2 table spoon but you might add a little less so you can taste it and add as needed. Turn it down to medium or low if you started on high, so the beans don't get to soft. Remember that some of the water will cook off so go easy on the seasoning. The last thing that goes in is 2 cut up poor boy hot links. You can get them at wally world in a 10 pack and cook the rest on the grill. I prefer the jalapeno or deer mix ones, but that's the ones I prefer. If you want you can also add some diced jalapenos in to spice it up. After 4 hours, if you started on high, or 6-7 if you started on low. you'll find everything blended nicely and to me it tastes so good I usually will eat close to half of it at one sitting. :shock:

Some cornbread or over rice and you've got a cheap meal that will taste great and fill you up. Just beware of when you get in bed or you might blow the sheets off while you're sleeping. :lol: