BBQ pulled feral pig

Tiapan

BBQ pulled feral pig

Post by Tiapan »

This recipe requires a little prep and time but is worth it.
Ingredients
1. Feral pig meat. I prefer the backstrap
2. Soy sauce
3. Red wine vinegar. Or just red wine in a pinch.
4. BBQ sauce of choice
5. Personal bbq sauce additives. This is more personal. Some people like a honey type. Others like a mustard bbq. Some brown sugar. I like some of all the above.

Prep
1. Take your feral pig backstrap (pork loin or tenderloin can be substituted if you don't have access to wild game)
marinate the meat overnight in a 50/50 solution of red wine vinegar and soy sauce.
2. Take a large sauce pan. 4 to 5 quarts or larger if you are making more than a pound of meat.
3. Heat about a quarter cup of oil in bottom of sauce pan.
4. Cut pig meat into strips no thicker then one inch. Sear on each side just until brown. At this point the pork is mostly if not all the way cooked.
5. Take you bbq sauce of choice. Amount depends on the amount of meat. Add any flavor you like to the sauce. Then add water to thin the sauce. The consistency of Campbell's tomatoes soup is just about right. Now lower the temp and simmer for about 3 hours stirring occasionally. The meat should fall apart with the slightest pressure. And the sauce should be at a much thicker consistency.
6. I like to serve on toasted rolls with bread and butter pickles. Serve with your preffered sides.
Hope you enjoy