Blackened Catfish Tacos

Tiapan

Blackened Catfish Tacos

Post by Tiapan »

This is one of my wife's favorite recipes I cook. I will put the ratio of ingredients so the recipe can be increased per amount of people you are serving.
Ingredients
1. Enough catfish filets to feed everyone.
2. 3 bell peppers
3. 1 large onion. White or yellow.
4. 1 bunch of cilantro
5. Bottle of lime juice or juice of many fresh limes ( bottle is just easier, but fresh tastes a little better)
6. 3-4 cloves garlic, or teaspoon of minced. I love the large jars or minced garlic.
7. Blackening seasoning of choice, with option of fish breading ( will explain in cooking instructions)
8. Tortillas of personal preference. I like whole wheat myself. The amount above will make filler for 4-6 tacos easily, and I make large tacos
9. Optional. Sour cream, Pico, Hot sauce

Cooking instructions
First chop up the bell peppers and onion. I seed the bell peppers. Throw them into a large skillet with a teaspoon of olive oil. Add your garlic next. As those start cooking chop up the cilantro and add to the cooking veggies. Then add a cup of lime juice. Set to simmer stirring occasionally. Cook until tender.

For the catfish, I used a smaller skillet so it keeps the oil hotter and keeps it there. With approximately a quarter cup of olive oil. I throw the filets in a ziplock with the blackening seasoning. If who you are cooking for doesn't like too much Heat you can split your blackening seasoning with fish fry mix. I like really fine fish fry breading for this. Follow the cooking instructions for blackening. The veggies should be done by the time your fillets are all blackened.

I then take my tortilla and put sour cream on the bottom and spread it around. Then place your blackened filets and cilantro lime veggie mix. Add Pico or hot sauce of choice if you want more acidity or spice. I don't find the need to add salt and pepper to veggie mix do to the large amount is blackening mixes. Hope you guys enjoy this recipe. I have lots to share both fish and game related.
quiet time

Re: Blackened Catfish Tacos

Post by quiet time »

I've been looking for a fish taco recipe and this looks great. Gonna give it a try. Thanks for sharing.
WLShafor

Post by WLShafor »

Sounds flipping good I'll try it this weekend! Thanks
on a mission
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by on a mission »

Thinning some cats out of the tank tonight. Will try this recipe. Thanks