Where to Buy Live Crawfish

reeves.kyle

Where to Buy Live Crawfish

Post by reeves.kyle »

Hey Folks,

I am wanting to do a crawfish boil this weekend and am looking for somewhere to buy live crawfish. Does anyone know where I can buy them in the Austin area?? Willing to travel a little ways, but not really far.

Thanks!
Kyle
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: Where to Buy Live Crawfish

Post by Yaklash »

This is a delayed response to be sure, but from what I'm hearing, prices on crawfish are going to be sky high this season. All of the rain in areas where crawfish are farmed has hurt this year's crop. One big crawfish boil that I go to every year has been canceled because of it.
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

The people at poorboys seafood in Angleton told me a while back that the cold winter in most of the US (including LA) set back the crawfish season by something like a month. He thought that prices would drop near the end of April to ~$2.50/lb. He said there should be plenty of crawfish then, but early they can't find any with any size to them.
sperry

Post by sperry »

I'm in San Antonio and HEB carries live crawfish in summer. I used to buy them when I fished braunig lake. never had any luck and should have boiled them :)
I'd talk to a local store manager.
eweberdc
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by eweberdc »

We ordered around 100 pounds from Louisiana Wild...look it up online. They were priced the same as Stuffed and Quality, BUT cleaned, purged, and delivered to your front door.
Dmaninaustn

Post by Dmaninaustn »

Yummmm stuffed that place is amazzzzinnnnggg
Alsatian
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Alsatian »

I'm having a boil this weekend. $2.47/lb for a mixed bag and $3.79 for large crawfish. I ordered from HEB in Boerne. I ended up with 2 bags of mixed and 1 bag of large. We'll see if it's worth the extra money.
AHP

Post by AHP »

Hey just read the post and this is for anyone that comes after me.

Go Crawfish (Look them up on Facebook)
got two sacks from them a couple of weekends ago for $3.25lb large. No lie they were all almost 8 inches long and clean.

Talked to my uncle in LA and he said they are going for $2.75 live and just as big.
Hope this helps someone.