White bass recipe?

uplandrun

White bass recipe?

Post by uplandrun »

With the white bass run picking up does anyone have a good recipe
Puck

Re: White bass recipe?

Post by Puck »

uplandrun wrote:With the white bass run picking up does anyone have a good recipe
South of the border spicy cheesy fish soup from this book:
America's Favorite Fish Recipes: More Than 180 Mouthwatering Recipes from Fishing Guides and Professional Chefs (The Freshwater Angler)

And yes, I do own it...

Puck
c-dawg
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by c-dawg »

This is a simple quick method for any type of fish fillets. In a non stick pan place a very small amount of olive oil, heat on medium. After the skillet is hot,start adding fillets flipping once. Timing will depend on thickness of fillets but will be short due to relatively hot skillet. Just check for flakiness with spatula. The idea is to form a very thin crust on the outside using the natural fish juice and the seasoning. As far as seasoning goes anything goes. I make my own seasoning mix with garlic onion cumin cilantro accent(msg) and celery powders. I add a little Lowrys salt and white pepper. I sprinkle this on one side of the filet and put ground sea salt and fresh ground black pepper on the other. Jerk seasoning,lemon juice or lemon pepper,Cajun or just whatever you are in the mood for.
This works great for cooking for more than a couple. It's quick easy clean up and variable for all tastes. And it is healthier than frying.
chrisman308

Post by chrisman308 »

try a cheap fish fry mix like Zatarain's seasoned fish fry breading mix, add some garlic powder (i usually add 2 table spoons or more per bag which does apx 10 fish) and a little Montreal steak seasoning to the mix. Make sure you removed the red meat from the fillet, dip fish in egg and then in mix, fry and enjoy. The added flavors in the mix take it to another level :mrgreen:

that or add salt, peper, bacon + 400* for 25-30 min in oven.
texan4ut
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by texan4ut »

I take 2 large bottles of Louisiana Hot Sauce (not Tabasco) add one egg and a can of beer. Mix that and put your fillets in it for about 30 minutes to an hour. Mix 2 parts corn meal to 1 part flour. I add cajun seasoning, black pepper and salt to the corn meal/flour mixture to taste. Get some peanut oil hot in a iron skillet or fish fryer, take the fillets out of the hot sauce and dredge in meal/flour mixture and fry until golden brown.
plentl65

Post by plentl65 »

Batter mixture of equal parts corn meal and jiffy corn bread - lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder, and paprika. Dredge in whataburger brand mustard then coat both sides of fillets with your batter mixture. Fry in peanut oil and thank me later.