Redfish Tacos

CzechTex_Angler

Redfish Tacos

Post by CzechTex_Angler »

Hey everyone, thought I would share a recipe I made a few years back and the whole family and friends absolutely loved. I will try to explain this the best I can.

The fish:
You will be grilling these on the half shell.
Take the fillets and marinate them overnight with a mixture of olive oil, a little fresh lime juice and mango habenero salsa that is sold at Krogers. (It is their name brand). When the fish are ready the next day, lay the fillets out and add a little freshly cracked peppercorn to taste. Throw the fillets on the grill and let cook. When the fillets have been turned meat side down then flipped back to how they started (the fish is almost done at this point), sprinkle pepper jack or monterrey jack cheese on the fillets. Close lid and let cheese melt then add round lime slices on top of cheese. At this point the fish is done.

Jalepeno Cilantro salsa:
This is fairly simple to make. Take 4 jalapenos (deseed and desteem them), a quart of sour cream, one packet of hidden valley ranch dressing powder and add cilantro to taste. Mix it all up in the blender till thin. You are done with the salsa.

Other ingredients:
Another thing to add when you are making your taco is black bean and corn salsa. They sell a really good one at krogers that comes in a clear plastic tub. Shredded lettuce and the rest of the lime from earlier to squeeze on your taco. And obviously tortillas.

Hope this becomes helpful to someone on here as everyone I have cooked this for has fallen hea over heels for it. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Matyyaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Redfish Tacos

Post by Matyyaker »

Sounds good , will have to try it .
HtXfisherMan8706

Post by HtXfisherMan8706 »

Nice... I just got a 30" bull with 2 half shells waiting to be cooked. Thanks for sharing!
M T Stringer
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by M T Stringer »

I grew up in Southern California, and made countless trips to Baja where the fish taco originated...there are countless ways to do this and they are all great!

I am going to try that Jalapeno Cilantro next time I make them, sounds delicious.

Here is another sauce you can try, very simple and tasty...everybody that I introduce to this asks for the recipe, and I always let them taste it before I tell them how to make it...some folks won't try it if you tell them how it's made first. :?

1 cup mayo
1 cup plain yougurt. DO NOT USE FLAVORED YOGURT
1 pack of taco seasoning mix.
1 lime's worth of juice

mix thoroughly and chill.
cudagreg
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by cudagreg »

my favorite sauce i have made for fish tacos is a sriracha aioli

equal parts mayo and sriracha with diced garlic really easy and tasty
TheBert

Post by TheBert »

Thanks for sharing. I have been thinking about prepping some redfish tacos lately, this is the recipe I will use.
Flats stalker

Post by Flats stalker »

Thanks now I just need to catch some reds to try this out.