Speckled Trout

NS4419

Speckled Trout

Post by NS4419 »

I have a freezer stocked full of specks. I usually deep fry them with some friends and just have a big fish fry, but I want something that I can make in the college dorm (also to prevent myself from eating just fried food all the time lol) for a nights meal. I have made "kingfish salad" before which tastes exactly like tuna salad. Has anyone ever tried this with trout or have any other suggestions? Grilling is even an option

Nathan
badjuju

Re: Speckled Trout

Post by badjuju »

Season the filets with salt & pepper. Dip in ranch dressing or mayo, then roll in bread crumbs. Bake in the oven at 375f for 15 minutes. Serve on warm corn tortilla's with shredded cabbage and liberal squeezin's of fresh lime. Add hot sauce to taste. Tres bon!
Milkjug
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Milkjug »

One good way to grill it is to make a mixture of 50/50 louisiana hot sauce(or tabasco) and vegetable oil. Thicken it with flour and salt it to taste. Throw your fillets in to coat them, and grill over hot heat, don't overcook.

Simple and good.
jopa

Post by jopa »

I tried this recently and it turned out pretty tasty:
http://www.packtx.org/More/HelpfulStuff ... Trout.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;