2 medium size fillets
2 limes
2 tomatoes
1 onion
2 Serrano Peppers
Cilantro
Oregano
Olive oil

Use a good, white fillet, no red meat. Slice fillets into small cubes, place in bowl with a lid. Cube up the tomatoes and onion into small squares. Slice the Serranos and cut up a small handful of cilantro. Add just a pinch of oregano and splash of olive oil. Squeeze the limes over and mix well. Use a lime squeezer to get all of the juice. Place it in the fridge for a few hours, scoop up with tostito chips.
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Re: Good Ceviche

Post by Bigrock »

Flatfish wrote:2 medium size fillets
2 limes
2 tomatoes
1 onion
2 Serrano Peppers
Cilantro
Oregano
Olive oil

Use a good, white fillet, no red meat. Slice fillets into small cubes, place in bowl with a lid. Cube up the tomatoes and onion into small squares. Slice the Serranos and cut up a small handful of cilantro. Add just a pinch of oregano and splash of olive oil. Squeeze the limes over and mix well. Use a lime squeezer to get all of the juice. Place it in the fridge for a few hours, scoop up with tostito chips.
Simple...and perfect. :clap: Wish I had the fixins' right now. :D
rockin4m

Post by rockin4m »

that does sound good and pretty simple!!! thanks for sharing
AHP

Post by AHP »

I might have to give this a try. BUT... I though you had to leave the fish in lime juice for 10min before adding to everything else?

please enlighten me if that is not the case. I have some flounder I wanted to try this out on.
Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Coastal Country »

It shouldn't matter long as the fish had marinated for a few hours in the lime juice

This come from your friend looking for a American flatfish? ;)
Flatfish
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Flatfish »

AHP wrote:I might have to give this a try. BUT... I though you had to leave the fish in lime juice for 10min before adding to everything else?

please enlighten me if that is not the case. I have some flounder I wanted to try this out on.
10 minutes will do it, we just put it in the fridge with the rest of the ingredients mixed in. Using a lime squeezer, you get plenty of juice to "cook" the fish.