Awesome Redfish Half Shell Recipe

BirdFoot17

Awesome Redfish Half Shell Recipe

Post by BirdFoot17 »

http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/R ... 1000072288" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife talked me into doing a cooking class with her and a couple friends, the convincing moment was when she said we were cooking redfish on the half shell and we could bring our own beer. So the lady showed us this recipe from some cooking magazine and we made it, it was amazing. I found the recipe online and cooked it last weekend after my son brought home a nice red. Second time was twice as nice. I suggest that you try this one out. If you can get a grill pan like the one shown, you can flip the fillets as they cook through and really sear the lemon slices on the meat which tasted delicious. Good luck.
photo.JPG
The Big Bobber

Re: Awesome Redfish Half Shell Recipe

Post by The Big Bobber »

Here's a nice description of the Redfish on Half Shell approach, from Brian Caswell of Reef restaurant in Houston. More about technique than a real recipe like the Saveur article (which coincidentally includes wine recommendations from Caswell's partner, Bill Floyd). Tried it on the grill a few months ago with the first redfish I ever caught, and it came out great! Must be foolproof.
http://wholefish.blogspot.com/2010/06/r ... -over.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
surfpunk
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by surfpunk »

looks like it'd be pretty dang good!
Midcoast Mark
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Midcoast Mark »

Yep, that's a fancified version of the classic.
Making the compound butter is a nice to have, not a need to have.
As is building your own spice mix.

In a pinch: just dust with Tony's, dab with butter, cover with lemon slices (or any citrus) and eat when flaked.

Not much better in this world.
Baby Huey

Post by Baby Huey »

Gonna have to try that recipe out. It looks great. I have 6 slots in the freezer, but already did the full filet on them. This weekend I will have to try it out. Thanks.
IndyKid

Post by IndyKid »

Just triedd this this aafternoon, delicious. Next time though I would use a bit more cilantro,
txspeck
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by txspeck »

Great idea!