Great site with the Best Seafood Recpies

JimD
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Great site with the Best Seafood Recpies

Post by JimD »

This is one of the best sites that I have found for Seafood receipes.

http://www.rfatexas.org./recipes.htm

See what you think.

Brian's Easy Stuffed Flounder is my favorite and one of the best and easiest that I have seen. The one problem According to Capt Jack is put the flounder on a rack and not a cookie sheetto keep the flounder out of its juices or it will get too mushy which is what happend to me the first time.

1 whole flounder
1 cup butter, divided
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 cups chicken-flavored dry bread stuffing mix
1 (6 ounce) can lump crabmeat
1 (4 ounce) can small shrimp, liquid reserved
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM, or to taste
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (optional)

• ADD to recipe box
• ADD to shopping list
• ADD a personal note

• Rate/Review this recipe

1 Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lay the fish down dark side up. Make an incision next to the backbone on both sides, stopping before the head and tail. Slip the knife in between the flesh and backbone and run the knife down the ribs on both sides of the backbone.
2 Melt 1/2 cup of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion and celery in the butter until just tender. Place the stuffing mix into a bowl, and stir the onion and celery into it along with the butter in the pan. Mix in the crab and shrimp with their juices, adding a little more liquid, or more stuffing to get a good consistency.
3 Melt the remaining butter, and brush some of it onto a cookie sheet. Stuff the stuffing mixture into the pockets of the flounder, and place the stuffed fish on the cookie sheet. Brush the outside of the fish with melted butter, and season with the Old Bay and if desired, Cajun seasoning.
4 Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until the flounder flakes easily with a fork.
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

Jim,

That link has some nice looking recipes. I bet they taste as good as they look. :wink: I'm going to try a few of them. Also, thanks for the tip on not getting the flounder mushy. I hate to ruin a good flounder.