Foam Sale at Michaels

Barry
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Any machinest type folks?

Post by Barry »

Barnacle Bill wrote:I'm so un-mechanically inclined it isn't even funny. So, with that note, do any of you folks know if any of these motors would be good drying motors?

http://www.sciplus.com/category.cfm?subsection=18

Bill
That motor will work just fine. Just be careful when you wire the switch in, we don't want you getting shocked. I use a 4-rpm Bar-B-Que spit motor for epoxy flys and putting the finish on the rods.
kirbyt

Foam... and drier motors.

Post by kirbyt »

For thicker foam wait a bit till spring merchandise hits the shelves. Several in the club have found that the beach flip-flop sandles make great bug body material. Taking any spinning tube can cut these out and in the color of the foam. Then take these and shape with Dremel tool sander. Just find a tying partner to share the different foot to get various colors. One day I'll find a camera to post pictures of all the options.

And for your drying motors I had a similar problem in finding means to attach the mounting block to the short shaft. Went by the hobby shop and found that the shaft fit the prop adaptor for RC airplanes. This gave me a threaded connection to mount the foam circle I use to mount the fly clips. Total cost was $2.50 for this but could find similar device for the couplings on RC cars might be cheaper yet? One source of motors is the turntable motor for microwaves. Cost about $8 from the supply or repair shops. Worth checking.