Long time semi lurker comes online

Eastexfly
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Long time semi lurker comes online

Post by Eastexfly »

I've been lurking since around since Richard started up TKF and I guess one reason I never jumped in, ( other than one or two posts), was that I didn't / don't have a yak. I did get to borrow a WS Ride on a trip to Florida this last summer and am hopeful that the Spring will see the "House Budget Authority" approve a yak of my own. I do however enjoy fly fishing. I'm a member of the Pineywoods Chapter of the FFF in Lufkin and I love tying flies for and fishing for warmwater and saltwater fish. As soon as I can figure out how to do close ups that look worth a dern I'll post some of my flies for ya'll to laugh at! I'm hoping to help out with the tying at Fly Fish Texas in March and maybe put some faces with some of your names.
P. S There's squat up here as far as yaks to rent or demo, whats the odds of having some up at Athens to try out? I liked the Ride and I'd also like to check out some of the others made for "men of substance"!
popasan

Post by popasan »

welcome aboard......i live near Aransas Pass so can't help much in the way of answering most of your questions.......the ride is a very good yak for the bigger guys, as well as the ok drifter......both very stable.....

i also am a man of substance, of course most of my friends would call that substance BS....... :D

we are in the process of setting up a AP Fly-In sometime over the next few months.....keep checking out the board for time and place .....your more than welcome to attend.....you will love our get-togethers down here...... :)

Larry
FLYYAK

s

Post by FLYYAK »

I am also a man of substance,if that means weight challenged. I welcome the idea of seeing some of your flies as I fish the fresh water too. I want to make the shindig in march.If I were looking for a new yak I would do as you said try them. I like the new prowler but I like my drifter more. :D :D :D
Barry
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Barry »

Eastexfly
Welcome aboard.
If you're with the Pineywoods bunch, you've got to know my old buddy Walter McLendon (the best con man in at least 4 states). My GF and I will be at Fly Fish Texas (that ought to explain the con man statement about Walter) and plan to bring at least 3 different Yaks with us. I'll have a Ride, T-120 & T-160 that you're welcome to test paddle. I also have a 9' Mainstream Tropic that I might bring also.
Looking forward to seeing your flys when you get it figured out.
M-D
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club
Location: No Matter Where I Go, There I Am. No Matter Where I've Been, There I Was. It's A Vicious Cycle.

Post by M-D »

Welcome aboard!

M-D