Did the creek again

bones72

Did the creek again

Post by bones72 »

Well I went to the same hole again. Air temp was about 76 at 0630 and 89 when I left at 1000. Water was variable dependent on proximity to springs; couldn’t be exact anyway as I forgot my thermometer. Winds were calm at 0630 and gusting to 15 at 1000. Started with the same #6 white on white clouser I used last time, but it drew no attention. Switched up to a #4 clouser in tuitty fruity (pink over chartreuse) because of seeing some minnows that looked fairly colorful. They may have been on the spawn. The change did the trick landing over a dozen Guadalupe looking bass. Two largemouth were in the mix as well as one wayward channel cat and huge especially for such a small creek largemouth that busted off after about five minutes of fight. The fish came out of heavier moving water. This was the same water I was catching longears out of, hand over fist last time I was out. No longears this time the bass feeding could have scared them I suppose. I have to assume the feed is in the morning because of temps. The fish while active did not pounce the fly. It was more of take than a strike, just a grab and turn. I was fishing a nine foot 3x leader with another foot of 4x fluorocarbon tippet. Water level has come down about six inches and really cleared but the springs still seem to be pumping out just as hard as they had been. Grass and algae growth have increased noticeably.
bones72

Re: Did the creek again

Post by bones72 »

Add description
Add description
Add description
Add description