Annual Dr. Ed Rizzolo Fly Tying Festival - February 10, 2018

Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Annual Dr. Ed Rizzolo Fly Tying Festival - February 10, 2018

Post by Animal Chris »

Dear Fellow Fly Tyer,

I’m proud to announce that on Saturday, February 10th, 2017, the Texas FlyFishers will host the 26th Annual Dr. Ed Rizzolo Fly Tying Festival and I would like to extend you an invitation to join us at this great event.

Joining us at this year’s Festival will be Rich Strolis of Simsbury, Connecticut. Rich’s fly patterns, although based out of the Northeast, have a strong following and relevancy across the globe. Rich is a signature fly designer for the Montana Fly Company and his patterns have appeared in several national magazines and books, including Flyfisherman, Eastern Fly Fishing, Strip Set, Fusion Tying and Fly Fishing The Northeast, just to name a few. Rich’s first book, “Catching Shadows, Tying Flies For The Toughest Fish And Strategies For Fishing Them” which details a wide cross section of his patterns, was released in January 2016 and was a top 10 seller in its first year on the shelves. You can see more of Rich’s work at his website, http://www.catchingshadows.com.
Along with David, there will be many of the area’s finest tyers on hand to demonstrate how to tie that certain pattern or, to help you perfect your techniques at the vise. The Festival will take place in the auditorium at the Bethany Christian Church, 3223 Westheimer Road in Houston, Texas. The doors open at 8:30 am and we’ll go until 4:30 pm. I hope to see you there! Also, if you are interested in tying, please send me a PM.

Happy Tying!
Attachments
Add description
Add description