Two part report, one I'm a dumba$$, two I still managed a few.

mbarker68x

Two part report, one I'm a dumba$$, two I still managed a few.

Post by mbarker68x »

Well I picked up a yak on Saturday cleaned it up and waited for the opertunity to take it out on its maiden voyage.
I was going to go to Colorado Bend State Park to chase some whites, but being spring break decided against it. Instead I went to a little pond on FT Hood. Like the title says placed on a hill got in and slid into the water. Instead of a gradual incline I went into a hole. Pushed the nose in and took on water over the front of the cockpit. Need less to say I got wet. Pulled it back out drained the water and managed to launch for 15 minutes before it started getting dark. Managed these in the short time on the water.

All were ought and brought to hand on my 3wt TFO BVK. Foam bug for the gills, and #14 jig hook wooly bugger for the bass.
I did learn a few things on this short trip, one I need to install a anchor trolley and anchor, and maybe some outriggers until I get comfortable in my new toy.
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Two part report, one I'm a dumba$$, two I still managed a few.

Post by karstopo »

Nice. I like bluegill, sunfish, all the different varieties. I like pond, River, lake fishing and don't do enough of it.

Lots of ways to get wet in a kayak, but they sure expand the water you can fish.
LUISJG
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by LUISJG »

nice... very good kayak. I had one of those and one of my favorites
Chief Brody
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Chief Brody »

congrats - looks like it was fun.

thanks for posting the pics - they are very good.