No conditions for a fly rod, AP 3-8 & 9

GoDoe
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

No conditions for a fly rod, AP 3-8 & 9

Post by GoDoe »

I am here so I go out but it really isn't worth the time and effort if you are wanting to catch fish on the fly. I spent most of both days just poling around and learning new water for better days. If you look at it like that and getting to cast to or catch a fish is a huge bonus. You can catch some fish throwing a Spook Jr and drifting.

There are enough reds up in the skinny water to make for some decent days fishing the fly but the water is dirty and the sun just isn't making any appearances. I am bumping reds as I pole along right at the nose of the Solo. So I am getting to see a lot of the fleeing fish. I have even seen some minimal tailing and some crashing of bait but it only last a few seconds and never long enough for me to get on them.

The water does seem to be going down a little bit. Right now it is running .4' higher than predicted. Earlier in the week it was running 1' higher than predicted. That is a big help but be careful finding a parking spot on the beach. Lots of potholes with standing water and mud.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: No conditions for a fly rod, AP 3-8 & 9

Post by Cuervo Jones »

I feel you pain. I'm sitting here now slurping coffee and watching the rain come down outside. Had big plans for today. Might need to reconsider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk