Dr. Ed Rizzolo Fly Tying Festival - February 11, 2017

Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Dr. Ed Rizzolo Fly Tying Festival - February 11, 2017

Post by Animal Chris »

Dear Fellow Fly Tyer,

I’m proud to announce that on Saturday, February 11th, 2017, the Texas FlyFishers will celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Annual Dr. Ed Rizzolo Fly Tying Festival and I would like to extend you an invitation to join us at this great event.

Joining us at this year’s Festival will be David Nelson of White Plains, NY. David refers to his flies as Squimpish Flies. “Squimpish Flies” are artistic, impressionistic and effective patterns of SQUid, ShrIMP and BaitfISH…the most common forage base for gamefish. David’s flies have been featured in David Klausmeyer’s book “Striped Bass Flies, Patterns of the Pros” and Bob Popovic’s latest publication “Fleye Design: Techniques, Insights, Patterns”. You can also find out more about David’s style of tying and his patterns on his website http://www.squimpishflies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

Along with David, there will be many of the area’s finest tyers on hand to demonstrate how to tie that certain pattern or, to help you perfect your techniques at the vise. The Festival will take place in the auditorium at the Bethany Christian Church, 3223 Westheimer Road in Houston, Texas. The doors open at 8:30 am and we’ll go until 4:30 pm. I hope to see you there! Also, if you are interested in tying, please send me a PM.

Tight loops!

Visit our website http://www.Texasflyfisher.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
2017 Fly Tying Festival Poster n Bio.pdf
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 113 times
Puck

Re: Dr. Ed Rizzolo Fly Tying Festival - February 11, 2017

Post by Puck »

Am I still allowed to run the "Casting Games?"

Puck
Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Fly Tying Festival list of presentations and times

Post by Animal Chris »

Here is a list of the class room presenters, times and topics.

9:00 - 10:00 am - Goeff Scott , Classic Trout Attractor Nymphs and Their Variants

10:00-11:00 am - Ron Mayfield, Deer Hair Patterns for East Texas Bass

11:00 am - Noon - David Nelson, Topic TBA

Noon – 12:30 pm - Lunch Break

12:30 - 2:00 pm - Adam Marton, Essential Flies for Belize and Cuba

2:00 - 3:00 pm - Mark Marmon, Freshwater Fly Design Theory

3:00 - 4:30 pm - David Nelson , Topic TBA

Note: Presenters, times and topics are subject to change.