Hard Wood Rattling Frog Popper

kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Hard Wood Rattling Frog Popper

Post by kickingback »

Started this yesterday. Wanted rattles in a lure so I found a small block and dowel setup and shaped the body. I then filled the hole with 5 steel balls from some glass rattles I had laying around. I plugged the end holes with very small pieces of the dowel. Sanded and primed with white paint. Used glitter and epoxy to do first coat with small yellow glitter. Let dry and applied eyes. Applied spots using larger gold glitter mixed with epoxy and let dry. Applied larger red glitter with epoxy for mouth and let dry. Applied final coat of epoxy with a build up on flat eyes to make them stand out.
Tied a #2 hook with feathers and rubber for legs with a red "bleeding" kicker in the rear with chartreuse hackle for rear end.
I have to get back out fishing soon. I'm going house crazy.
skinnywaterfishin

Re: Hard Wood Rattling Frog Popper

Post by skinnywaterfishin »

Man, I think that'll catch em!

Nice work!
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Thanks sir!
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

Purdy! Now go fishing and tear 'em up with that thing!
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Are you kidding?!?! I just like looking at it... :lol:

Will report when i can finally get out of the house!!!
Salty Bum

Post by Salty Bum »

kickingback wrote:Started this yesterday. Wanted rattles in a lure so I found a small block and dowel setup and shaped the body. I then filled the hole with 5 steel balls from some glass rattles I had laying around. I plugged the end holes with very small pieces of the dowel. Sanded and primed with white paint. Used glitter and epoxy to do first coat with small yellow glitter. Let dry and applied eyes. Applied spots using larger gold glitter mixed with epoxy and let dry. Applied larger red glitter with epoxy for mouth and let dry. Applied final coat of epoxy with a build up on flat eyes to make them stand out.
Tied a #2 hook with feathers and rubber for legs with a red "bleeding" kicker in the rear with chartreuse hackle for rear end.
I have to get back out fishing soon. I'm going house crazy.

Placing my order!!!!! 3 dozen total - green like in the picture - yellow with black dots and black with yellow dots. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: