POC 4/23-4/24

jeff89

POC 4/23-4/24

Post by jeff89 »

Hola muchachos...I don't know if you noticed, but the wind laid down for about 8 hours this past Monday and it was magical. The cooler weather brought in by the north wind made the redfish feisty and it may have well been the last cool snap til October. The redfish I caught were up against grass/sand hard bottom shorelines, but that's only because I could wade it comfortably. If I had someone up on the bow, we would've killed them over mud/grass/oyster...that stuff just isn't fun to wade, but that's where they were for the most part. Fly of choice...redfish crack sorta gangly lookin thing.

Bayoutalker

Re: POC 4/23-4/24

Post by Bayoutalker »

Looks like a perfect day.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
MGrove

Post by MGrove »

Loving your posts lately Jeff. I just finished painting my new to me Gheenoe highsider that I picked up for exactly this reason!
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Very nice! You have it made. The freedom to get to any spot quickly and fish the entire area and then move to another easily. Love it!
StuckInTheMud

Post by StuckInTheMud »

I was out there as well, slightly down the coast from you in Aransas Pass fishing the lighthouse lakes. Managed to find 3-4 tailers, got 1 to eat the crack fly and spooked another. Found a few other fish as I would drift the open areas via kayak and got a cast out to one before spooking it. Few fish, beautiful weather, and it was a spectacular day like you said!