Maybe we need to start a DFW chapter for TKF?

Yaqui
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Maybe we need to start a DFW chapter for TKF?

Post by Yaqui »

North Texas Yakkers,
What would it take, and how would we do this? Anyone interested? Would be nice to meet once a month, the second Saturday of each month for example, and have each member be in charge of the put in location. That way we get to fish other places we may not be farmiliar with. Anyone up for it? What about you lurkers? Get out of the dark and come see the light. What do you think?
Y
boxybru

Post by boxybru »

I'm game lets try it and see how far we can go with it

Post by Guest »

I think it would be great.
caseyg99

Post by caseyg99 »

That was me above. I should always make sure it says I am signed in...lol
DBPlano

Post by DBPlano »

I think its a real good idea.
TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Great Idea!

Post by TKFStubb »

I've been pushing for a chapter up there. I think there is plenty of interest and you know we will support you with your own group board and private chat area. The only requirement that I have to use the TKF name and logo is that you don't embarrass the board with your activities (that may be difficult for some of you) and that you sponsor at least one charity event a year like a kidfish, beach cleanup, or adopt a lake project. It doesn't matter what the project is, but something that will better your community and promote the TKF name and the sport of kayakfishing. You elect your own officers, earn your own way, and run the show. We'll be here for support.
caseyg99

Post by caseyg99 »

I think we should be able to pull it off, I have been getting a lot of e-mail from local yakers in the area since joining the board. I have never met
boxy but I know he is very active on the board. We should get together soon and discuss.
Texas Troutbum

Post by Texas Troutbum »

I live up in the Sherman/Denison area, have a new Tarpon 120. Probably couldn't make meetings once a month, but I'd love to be a part of the group if it gets formed.

Texas Troutbum
Yaqui
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Yaqui »

Hmmm,
The trying not to embarrass the TKF name may be the hard part.
I am game to give it a go. White Rock has a monthly lake clean up we can do, of course, it would be up to the group. How many officers are usually needed? How much work is involved? Leading Cub Scouts takes up a lot more time than I would have guessed.
We could meet some place and discuss.
Any suggestions?
P
boxybru

Post by boxybru »

caseyg99 wrote:I think we should be able to pull it off, I have been getting a lot of e-mail from local yakers in the area since joining the board. I have never met
boxy but I know he is very active on the board. We should get together soon and discuss.

Shoot me an e-mail and lets talk about it. Looking forward to hearing from you, won't be fishing this weekend but lets make plans to do some soon, Hey Paul that includes you also, lol
caseyg99

Post by caseyg99 »

I will send an e-mail this weekend. I wont be fishing this weekend either.
Next weekend will be in Rockport and PA. Should have a lot of tales or lies from that...lol...Maybe the week after we can meet for a beer and talk about a local chapter.
greg on cedar creek

dfw/north tx chapter

Post by greg on cedar creek »

My wife moved up here from houston a couple of months ago. We miss our paddling friends and would like to meet some new ones. We get our yaks out on cedar creek res. as often as possible and would love to help put something together here.
caseyg99

Post by caseyg99 »

Greg, Look up Cody on the members here, he lives in Mabank and is a
paddler.
Yaqui
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Yaqui »

Does anyone want to meet the first or second weekend in August. Maybe in Deep Ellum near downtown Dallas or possibly in Arlington? Arlington is pretty centrally located. Maybe a Friday evening or Saturday? Meet at a lake and then fish? Who's in? Open for suggestions.

Post by Guest »

I like the Deep Elm area. But I live on the east side of Dallas. But
open to anywhere.
caseyg99

Post by caseyg99 »

That was me on the last post. I sometimes have to log in twice to actually be shown as logged on.
YellowDog

Post by YellowDog »

Count me in if Palestine isn't too far away. I don't suppose there is an East Texas chapter, is there?
tightline

Post by tightline »

sounds like a great idea, i know you will keep us posted..

Tightlines
Plano, TX

Post by Guest »

How about lets set something for Saturday August 3rd.
caseyg99

Post by caseyg99 »

That was me above. Someday I will learn to log in everytime....
Newt
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

LOGGING IN

Post by Newt »

When you log in. Click the box that says "Log me in everytime".
caseyg99

Post by caseyg99 »

I am behind a firewall at work and it doesn't work.... :cry:
BoneDigger

Sounds like a good idea...

Post by BoneDigger »

I think this sounds like a good idea. Being from Tyler, I doubt I'd be able to make any of the meetings, but I'd probably join anyway just to support you guys. It's too bad we don't have an east Texas Chapter for us poor guys and gals out in the Boonies...

Todd in Tyler
LWhitsell

DFW TKF chapter

Post by LWhitsell »

I'm in! Unfortunately, I will be traveling extensively for work through the end of August and I will miss the August 3rd meeting, but I want to participate when/how I can. I'll be more than ready to fish after all the travel!
Yaqui
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Yaqui »

Saturday August 3rd sounds like the day that we will be getting together. Possibly in the afternoon. We need to shore up a meeting place. Deep Ellum is very convenient for me, but are there folks from the Ft. Worth area who may want to meet in Arlington. The Humperdinks in Arlington has a nice wheat malted beverage. The Angry Dog in Deep Ellum can be a little crowded and loud later in the evening. There are many lakes we can meet at also, fish early, and meet later? These are just suggestions, so if anyone has a better idea, post up. I would suggest that lurkers are welcome to attend the inaugeral meeting, but don't expect not to participate for ever.
Y