finally

Boar

finally

Post by Boar »

Being somewhat TC (transportation challenged) I managed to sneek my boat in a freinds truck that was headed to the lake to take the kids swimmin. I knew I wouldnt have much time so I just grabed 1 rod my fav spinnin real on a cheap rod. We went to the 1534 bridge access and I hopped in the water (can git from truck to water real fast with a 34# boat)
and headed out, the willows on the other side of the lake looked good it was calm, stilll with a slight breeze and nearly dark I tied on a zara pup and headed upwind to set up a drift , got in position and grabed my rod ......no lure .
bottom line is time spent not fishing does just as much or more damage to your line as fishing does just cuz it was new when u put it on don't make it still good.
Still had a good time paddlin along the bank and through a stump feild even got hung on a stump for a min but managed to rock off it.

Anyway great time no fish and too short ...better than last night

Boar
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by gerald »

I know how it is about not being prepared sometimes. On my Guadalupe fishing trip with DJ I was out on the water for several hours when I realized I had left my sun glasses, hat, and sun block back at the truck. I got SUNBURNED. I'm just now through peeling. I'll certainly try to remember in the future. I had a blast though. This weekend I'll try out my new strip built kayak...even though it's not finished...no hatches, bulkheads, etc., etc.....but I can't wait. It will be interesting.
Boar

Post by Boar »

Where are you going to try it out at? and how close is it to the target weight at this point?

Boar
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by gerald »

I'll probably try it at Belton Lake on sunday because it's the closest water area to me. My design weight was 50 lbs. I haven't weighed it yet, but it is around that. Not less...I'm sure. That's ok, though. It is a fishing/expedition/utility kayak. I've already decided to build another S&G for possible use in the Texas Water Safari.