Austinites - Town Lake tomorrow evening

GoinCoastal
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: Austin & AransasPass/ Wilderness Systems, Columbia Sportswear, & TFO Rods Pro Staff

Austinites - Town Lake tomorrow evening

Post by GoinCoastal »

Any one in the Austin area who would like to join us at Town Lake after work tomorrow evening is welcome!!!!!!!! We will be putting in at the Fiesta Gardens Boat Ramp on the north shore of the lake east of I-35. Drop in and start fishing when you get there and we all meet back at the boat ramp at dark. It is a lot of fun and great way to meet folks with the same passion.

See yall there!!!!!!!!

joe
Sardine

Post by Sardine »

I am kinda new to fishing and am still awaiting the arrival of my new WS Tarpon 120 anyday now, but i wanted to get a head start on getting some new gear together. What lures or other baits do you use in Town Lake? Is the fishing any good there?
GoinCoastal
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: Austin & AransasPass/ Wilderness Systems, Columbia Sportswear, & TFO Rods Pro Staff

Post by GoinCoastal »

I pretty much use a 5wt flyrod with poppers, wolly boogers, and clousers. I will also take my ultra-light spinning gear rigged with a small finesse plastic like a lizard or small worm. And sometiem a small spinner bait.

There are tons of fish in that lake. I catch lots of perch and small bass. At lunch today I walked the banks and saw a monster bass rip thru a school of shad on the surface. Check out TPWD website on state records. You will be surprised how record fish come out of TownLake.

You are welcomed to come down and visit without your boat. We have a good time visiting when we get done fishing and loading up.

Later,
joe

Post by Guest »

Austinjoe, how do you get to Fiesta Gardens? And what time will ya'll be heading out? I get ff around 4.
MAV
GoinCoastal
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by GoinCoastal »

i will be there shortly after 5:00. i work downtown and I am heading straight there. Here is the map..........
Attachments
Fiesta gardens map2.gif
Fiesta gardens map2.gif (24.62 KiB) Viewed 4148 times
MAV

Post by MAV »

Had a good time at town lake, It was good meeting Liverdog and Doc. Will have to do it again!
TRob

How is it done?

Post by TRob »

I am brand new to this message board but have decided to post b/c of I'm desperate for advice on fishing Town Lake. I brought my kayak up from the coast and have tried both ends of the lake with minimal success. Using spinner baits on light spinning tackle and topwaters. Only fished in the evening. I fished the majority of the time around the I-35 bridge. Any advice on lures, flies, and location would be greatly appreciated.

thanks