LAKE SOMERVILLE: operation changes at Rocky Creek & Yegua Parks Effective Oct 1, 2021

Taildragger321

LAKE SOMERVILLE: operation changes at Rocky Creek & Yegua Parks Effective Oct 1, 2021

Post by Taildragger321 »

Does anyone know more about the changes happening at these two Corp of Engineer parks on October 1, 2021? Was told starting Oct 1, they are pushing to doing everything online. No cash or credit cards accepted at the gate. Will they still be allowing the public to access the boat ramps without camping reservations? It sounded like they are catering to the privacy of the campers. I’m not sure if the contractors at the gates just didn’t explain it clearly or if I won’t be able to launch at Rocky Creek anymore unless I’m camping there. Their website says I will not be able to use my Senior Lifetime Pass I purchased. They are building a free ramp outside of Yegua that the public can use. That puts me as a kayaker further from my fav fishing spots be cause I would have to launch from Yegua!

Would appreciate any clarification on the new changes.

I found this announcement:
https://www.swf.usace.army.mil/Media/Ne ... cky-creek/
outbreaker

Re: LAKE SOMERVILLE: operation changes at Rocky Creek & Yegua Parks Effective Oct 1, 2021

Post by outbreaker »

Taildragger321 wrote:Does anyone know more about the changes happening at these two Corp of Engineer parks on October 1, 2021? Was told starting Oct 1, they are pushing to doing everything online. No cash or credit cards accepted at the gate. Will they still be allowing the public to access the boat ramps without camping reservations? It sounded like they are catering to the privacy of the campers. I’m not sure if the contractors at the gates just didn’t explain it clearly or if I won’t be able to launch at Rocky Creek anymore unless I’m camping there. Their website says I will not be able to use my Senior Lifetime Pass I purchased. They are building a free ramp outside of Yegua that the public can use. That puts me as a kayaker further from my fav fishing spots be cause I would have to launch from Yegua!

Would appreciate any clarification on the new changes.

I found this announcement:
https://www.swf.usace.army.mil/Media/Ne ... cky-creek/
Information on the website is very clear. Boat ramps inside the parks will be for camping guests only.
Taildragger321

Re: LAKE SOMERVILLE: operation changes at Rocky Creek & Yegua Parks Effective Oct 1, 2021

Post by Taildragger321 »

Thanks for the reply outbreaker. That was the link I had in my post. I’m not pleased with them pushing and selling me the Senior Lifetime pass then not honoring it. Thanks again !