Decker lake

JoshuaBoehle

Decker lake

Post by JoshuaBoehle »

Anyone have any information on this lake I’m not looking for particular spots or what baits to throw just want to know if it’s a tough lake to bass fish I got a tournament coming up any info would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MilfSlayer1408

Re: Decker lake

Post by MilfSlayer1408 »

yeah decker is a great spot. thick cat tails holding big fish in 3-6 feet of water wrap almost the whole thing. nows the time to be out there but wait for the wind to forecast literally no more than 3 mph. wind on that lake is impossible to fish in. $5 to get in on weekdays $10 for weekends/holidays. they dont always adhere to this schedule but the gate opens 6am closes at 11pm. sometimes its inexplicably shut or its always open. TPWD and city of austin are usually out there so you might get checked for a life jacket. i always throw frogs and a punch always into the cattails. sometimes big grass mats. its a power plant lake so its always warm and the discharge is usually holding. Our pb out there is 6.9 and weve caught multiple 4s and 5s in one day. theres only one launch on the south side and the bank is otherwise innavigable on foot. porter potties at the ramp. zero shade. thats all i can think of. good luck.